• This topic has 63 replies, 43 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by igm.
Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • Farage should be UK ambassador….. says Trump….
  • johnx2
    Free Member

…at least there’ll be none of that foreign muck at his receptions. “Malteser your excellency?”

Harry_the_Spider

We should make him our ambassador to Mars.

zippykona

To whose benefit would such an appointment be?
    Can you imagine Naughty Nigel putting his country’s best interests before those of his best new friend?

outofbreath
    Free Member

“To whose benefit would such an appointment be?
    Can you imagine Naughty Nigel putting his country’s best interests before those of his best new friend?”

Both xenophobic *and* too friendly with foreigners.

kimbers

I love fariges false modesty (see below)

of course after the tories shot him down he referred to westminster as a cesspit 😆

I can still scarcely believe that he did that though speaking to a couple of his long time friends perhaps I am a little less surprised.

They all say the same thing: that Trump is a very loyal man and supports those that stand by him.

It is called trust and it is how the whole world of business operates. Sadly, the cesspit that is career politics understands nothing of this.

perchypanther
    Free Member

A better British Ambassador than Nigel Farage.

Still shite.

GrahamS

he referred to westminster as a cesspit

Did Trump copyright “swamp”?

Can we look forward to Nigel campaigning to “unplug the cesspit” ?

jimster01

Heard this on the radio this morning, is it already April 1st?

kcr
    Free Member

I fear we are in for a shit storm of very misled ‘Nationalism’ Scottish, US and English

A minority of alt-right US Celtic enthusiasts fantasising about a mythical Aryan Alba has nothing to do with modern Scotland. I voted Yes in the independence referendum, like many other people, because I didn’t want Scotland to go down the xenophobic, anti EU path that the UK seems to be following, led by Farage and his ilk.

maccruiskeen

The most depressing thing about all this is that Government responded to Trump at all. It was a **** tweet.

cchris2lou

At least it would get rid of him.

GrahamS

Get used to it. I suspect most of Trump’s policy announcements and international relations will be conducted via twitter.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Trump fails to appreciate that UK ambassadors are not appointed for political reasons. Hard concept to get over in 140 characters or whatever twatter is.

chewkw
    Free Member

I totally agree with Trump that Farage should be UK ambassador.

The special relationship will be enhanced further with Farage in place …

Then they can smash the EU bureaucratic system to pieces. 😛

akira

Farage is just Diet Trump. Same bad taste just less fat. Does Trump genuinely think that countries can choose what ambassadors they want? His actions over the last week show how little he knows about the job he’s supposed to do.

mattyfez

It irks me when when people use the trem ‘alt-right’, why not call it like it is, fascism.

5thElefant
    Free Member

It irks me when when people use the trem ‘alt-right’, why not call it like it is, fascism.

I thought they were small state? So not fascists. In the same way anarchists aren’t marxists despite both being dickheads.

kcr
    Free Member

As I understand it, alt-right encompasses a wider range of nasties than just fascists, like xenophobes, anti-semites, racists and misogynists, and since the people concerned seem happy to be described as alt-right, it seems a better way to identify your enemy.

igm

Previously posted on the wrong thread.

Farage as ambassador to the court of Trump sounds excellent. The Trumpsters would love him, everyone else would realise that we were taking the mickey, it would keep him busy elsewhere and (now this is important) it would allow him to leave Europe whether Britain does or not. Wins all round.
    Now if we could just change the locks while he’s out…

igm

I thought they were small state? So not fascists. In the same way anarchists aren’t marxists despite both being dickheads.

They claim to be small state, except they want the state to spend an awful lot of time interfering in people’s lives (pro-lifers, heavy handed justice system, no teaching anything controversial like Darwinism or the facts of climate change), so I’m not sure they really are.

Eyepic
    Free Member

If Trump endorses him that seems like a good reason not to give him the job

If Trump endorses him that seems like Exactly the Right reason to give him the job. Keep ol’ Trumpy on board, and milk the US state for all it’s worth!

Sorry Stoner…..I liked you.

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Could he get us a decent/better trade deal?
    A man on the inside is no bad thing is it?

chewkw
    Free Member

mitsumonkey – Member
    Could he get us a decent/better trade deal?
    A man on the inside is no bad thing is it?

They are pals so of course Farage can regardless what others say.

Everyone can “rationalise” as much as they like but the fact is that Farage has direct link to the world most powerful person is an envy for most.

Even the Russian consider Merica the number one superpower.

igm

I repeat, anything that gets Farage out of the UK and keeps him out is worth considering.

Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘Farage should be UK ambassador….. says Trump….’ is closed to new replies.