Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • FAO twinw4ll or other stove/woodburner pros
  • mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Just want to double check…

chimney is masonry with no fireplace, in fact right now it is closed off completely at lower end, so I need to go through the side of the chimney.

stove is top exit… the spigot is exactly the size of a male end of vitreous pipe, so female/female adaptor, with, I guess fire rope (if poss) and cement.

then

600mm (or more if it’ll fit) pipe straight up
    45 bend
    straight length with door (of some length yet to be determined) which passes through inside wall of masonry chimeny
    45 bend
    flex liner adaptor
    flex liner
    pot hangar

sound ok?

as I have several 45deg bends, will I need a support bracket on the liner adaptor?

lastly, will I need to swap the second 45 bend for a 135 tee with soot door and build an access hatch outside? or would the door on the straight length be enough?

incidentally, H&S fans, yes, BC will be involved, and yes I’ve done a similar job before, but no bends were involved and the stove went into a fireplace.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Keep clearances to combustables as stated in regs, ie if the wall next to flue pipe is plasterboard + skim this is classed as combustable.
    Does the stove have hearth exemption, if not you will need a concrete plinth to regs.
    If you join pipes the top pipe must fit inside the one below with gas tight seal, fix pipes together using stainless screws.
    2 x 45 is ok as long as you can get the brushes in to sweep all the chimney,short telescopic off top of stove so burner can be removed without disturbing flue, most stoves can be swept through the stove.

It’s all in doc J, planningportal.gov.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

cheers twinw4ll

its going straight onto the solid concrete floor with tiles on
    solid masonry wall nearby, no combustibles, no plasterboard.

short telescopic off top of stove so burner can be removed without disturbing flue

noted, thanks

If you join pipes the top pipe must fit inside the one below with gas tight seal, fix pipes together using stainless screws.

aye

hence my question on the female/female adaptor on the stove output spigot – am I ok to do this on that one joint? or do I need to hunt out a pipe with small enough male end ?

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Best go hunting, unless you want dripping condensates and the associated fire risk.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

ok, will do.

ta for help

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘FAO twinw4ll or other stove/woodburner pros’ is closed to new replies.