• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by IA.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • facilitating a Q+A session
  • easygroove
    Free Member

I am organisng a presentation around planning reform, urban renewal and regeneration for the property industry. We have a a range of spkers (in Sydney) including :
    Shadow Minister for Planning
    Property Company Director
    Urban Designer/Architect

I will be facilitaing the 20min Q+A session after presentations.
    Any tips on procedures, preparation etc?

IanMunro
    Free Member

I'm sorry, you've used the word 'facilitating', and for that reason, I'm out.

davidr

What are the objectives and outcomes you want from the session? How long will they be speaking for prior to the Q&A? Formal or informal

There isn't much to it really but some tips are:
    – stand up as you'll control the room better (it shows you're in charge and it's really difficult to stop someone talking if you're sitting down).
    – don't let anyone dominate the conversation (you can just say "thanks for your point, let's hear from someone else).
    – keep an eye on the room as people will generally indicate that they wish to speak.
    – it's OK to say 'person X then person Y'.
    – have a chat with your speakers beforehand to make sure they know how you'll be running the session.
    – keep an eye on time (have someone with timecards at the back so you don't have to look at your watch).
    – if appropriate, at the start of the session tell anyone asking questions to give their name and organisation before they ask a question.

yunki
    Free Member

easygroove….. are you the same easygroove that used to Dj badbwoi raggamuffin hardcore crusty jungle techno at the squat parties, forest parties and illegal raves of the late 80's and early '90s?

easygroove
    Free Member

easygroove was my idol and in honour of the greatest DJ that ever lived in Ashley Down (Bristol), i thank him and take his name to the STW masses ….. rude bwoy!!

IA

Sounds like you're gonna have plenty questions anyhow, but in general it's always a good idea to have a few of your own to get things rolling, just in case. Though given the subject doubt it's an issue in this case.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘facilitating a Q+A session’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM