• This topic has 18 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Exquisite pain….
  • MoreCashThanDash

Due to utter carelessness, I mananged to close the car door with my thumb still in the way.

When I tried to pull my thumb away I realised the car door had actually clicked shut – took me a couple of seconds to realise I had to pull the door handle to open it.

It smarts a bit 😳

grahamt1980

Only time in my life I have heard that phrase used it was by a lecturer explaining what it would feel like to have shingles right round the trunk of someones body……. Sick bugger he was.
    Yours sounds painful too though

MaryHinge
    Free Member

"Exquisite pain" sounds rather enjoyable – rather like crocodile clips on your….ooooh wrong forum 😈

highclimber
    Free Member

its almost certainly not as bad as toothache – I'm talking intense shooting toothache like someone has prodded a nerve with a hot poker toothache! now that is truely exquisite pain of the highest order. That and being kicked in the knackers.

you still have my sympathy though!

nixon_fiend
    Free Member

i slammed a car door onto 2 fingers once .. it locked! My mate was in the car and I was banging on the window screaming bloody murder .. he just grinned and shook his head – He thought I was having him on … 20 seconds of truly exquisite pain and 2 days of purple fingers

MoreCashThanDash

nixon – I'm getting no sympathy from MrsSwadey – she did the same thing 3-4 years ago. Except she only has the use of one hand.

And it was her good hand that was stuck in the door.

So she couldn't open the door herself…..

MoreCashThanDash

highclimber – I'll see you your toothache and raise you the feeling I had when I discovered that the surgeon doing my vasectomy hadn't used enough local on the tubes before applying the cauterising iron.

Thinking about it, this thumb thing is pretty pathetic now I've remembered that………….

highclimber
    Free Member

Swadey, you win man. that sounds, not only painful but totally terrifying! OUCH!!!

My toothache seems almost insignificant compared to that! (I assure you it isn't though)

marcus7
    Free Member

the worst i did was trapping my finger in a machine (very painful) then a nice big blood blister under the nail (very very painful) and then I had the bright idea of using a vry sharp 1mm drill to put a hole in the nail and relieve the pressure (and pain). however when i passed though the nail the drill (due to the flutes) continued down and into flesh. Now that was exquisite…….

PenrodPooch
    Free Member

having my metacarpal pulled back after breaking it, the most pain I've ever been in, breaking it was a pleasure in comparison, second was a broken thumb, other breaks and flesh wounds have pailed into insignificance in comparison

mcmoonter
    Free Member

When I was five years old I caught three fingers in the sliding door of a Bedford CA van. It self locked. My dad had tossed the keys into one of several identical brown paper bags of groceries. When he eventually found the key and unlocked the door, my finger tips were pulp. A&E stitched back what they could. Still quite gruesome forty years later.

Sliding doors still give me the willies.

Drac

Pain pain that's not pain my 3 year old did the same the other week and a cuddle sorted her out, pain is kidney stones.

Jammy111
    Free Member

worst pain has to be a colonoscopy without enough anasthetic 😕 have previously broken+dislocated my thumb, which was a pleasure in comparison.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

MTFU,P! I got a paper cut right in between my index and ring finger, no way I'm risking going to the office tomorrow!

Ambrose

Catching my thumbnail and peeling it off on an lightswitch smarted a bit. As did the ice-axe through the hand. As well as the hatchet across the back of my thumb- I sill have both the axe and the thumb thankfully. And then there was fractured skull playing about in the waterfalls at Penycae, Upper Swansea Valley, I ended up in hospital with that one. Oooh- I'e just remembered the three shoulder dilslocations, two paddling, one climbing. And then the smashed face swimming at the base of a 40 foot waterfall, again I ended up in hospital. Face meets rock= messy. No sharks in the plunge pool that day, the blood would have provoked a feeding frenzy.

Most painful of the lot was 600' off an Alp. it messed me up a bit. Not in the slightest bit exquisite at all. A bad day.

user-removed
    Free Member

You're all wooses

PAIN!!11!

But even that sorry episode pales into insigificance compared to toothache – I resorted to self surgery with a Swiss Army knife after a botch-job by an emergency dentist. He tried to pull the tooth but snapped it, leaving raw, jagged edges. My gum swelled up over the top and dug into the shattered tooth – I had a lump on my face the size of a snooker ball.

Went back to the same dentist the next day and he reckoned he could do nothing until the swelling went down, so I went home and pulled out the pieces of tooth with the pointy bit on the back of my knife – hurt like the very devil but the relief was palpable…

Drac

So you could still move then. Trust me renal colic is not one to mess with, the women I know who've had it all say they'd rather go through childbirth again than suffer renal colic. It was truly unbelievable think someone pushing a never ending knife through your side and twisting at the same time. I have the great pleasure in knowing it will happen again. I've had mild niggles and slight pain since and before with them. Just waiting on the next that will drop me to the floor in a cold, sweating and swearing quivering jelly.

ononeorange

Mine is having a Dr insert some surgical thing (it felt like a shovel) into the palm of my hand and have a good look round for piece of concrete that had somehow got there when I came off my bike and body-surfed down a road. Without anaesthetic (I'd had as much as he was prepared to give me patching up elsewhere). Tingled a tad, but actually sounds pretty wussy compared to some of the above. I did pass out though!

Drac

Hahaha! Ononeorange, pain is very much a personal thing. What is tolerable for one person can be agony for the next.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Exquisite pain….’ is closed to new replies.