Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Exposure Maxx D
  • trout
    Free Member

Can someone who has one please measure it for me .
    Length diameter front and body diameter .

same for a Six Pack if any out there .

lipseal
    Free Member

Is somebody making an all in one unit?

Crell
    Free Member

Will dig out the verniers for the six pack tomorrow or will a ruler do for an approx measurement?

trout
    Free Member

Cheers Crell approx will do nicely Thanks

Lipseal If I told you I would have to kill you 😉

valleydaddy
    Free Member

I’ll measure my MaxxD and diablo tomorrow and email you Mr trout 😀

4ndyB
    Free Member

MaXx D Mk4

Across the front of the case measures 50mm

The case body widens slightly to approx 55mm at it’s widest point

Case length is 113mm

Case width at the tail end is 45mm

Howzat?

smudge
    Free Member

Let me know of the samples you’ll be needing for the prototype 😉

trout
    Free Member

Thanks Anyd B

that helps alot

Crell
    Free Member

Couldn’t find the verniers so approx (mm)

L = 116
    Dia @ the very back = ~59
    Dia @ widest point (where the fins are) = ~62
    dia for most of the case = ~54

trout
    Free Member

Thanks Crell very helpful

Just assembled my attempt at a batteries included

45 mm x 45 mm x 124 mm
    weight 450 grams

maximum lumens 2290

RealMan
    Free Member

What’s the run time?

trout
    Free Member

its on charge ready for a test .
    but the on paper runtime is

level 1 = 65 hours
    level 2 = 43 hours
    level 3 = 9.6 hours
    level 4 = 4 hours
    level 5 = 2 hours

GavinB

Not sure if Level 1 runtime is long enough…

Looks good, although I’d hate that screw up clamp thing in that position – would it not be ergonomically neater to have the adjustment away from the light?

bol

I’ve got a Maxx D which I’ve had for a couple of years and would love to have filled with the latest Trouty goodness. Brighter, longer running etc, but in the same compact and stylish package. Is that something you’ve considered offering?

trail_rat
    Free Member

sounds good on paper but trout – industrial is out …..

thumb wheels for the bracket are also out

stick on a bolt , do away with the industrial look.

id certainly consider one if i was buying new lights – which ever direction you go in with them Cable free designs are full of win – battery packs are for losers 😀

Teetosugars
    Free Member

trail_rat – Member
    sounds good on paper but trout – industrial is out …..

thumb wheels for the bracket are also out

stick on a bolt , do away with the industrial look.

^^
    Gotta say I completely agree, I’m prepared to get flamed for this, but could you not throw a couple of quid in the direction of aesthetics?

I know the product works, and god knows I admire you for building these, but there is no way I’ll part with a boat load of cash on a light that looks, well, cheap and nasty.

Sorry 😐

shindiggy
    Free Member

When i’m night riding, I look at my light and think ooohh thats pretty 🙁

Rather have function over form.

trout
    Free Member

Yes I know what you mean Gavin but that was the clamp I had available so it got used Got some new ones on the way .
    also wont be 5 levels just three .

Bol not something I had considered til you mentioned it
    what does the Maxx d have in it from 2 years ago.

Trail Rat
    the industrial look was as minimal as I could get it
    due to the shape of the battery pack

it is only an experiment at this stage

And it would look good on an industrial Pugsley 😉

BadlyWiredDog

there is no way I’ll part with a boat load of cash on a light that looks, well, cheap and nasty.

Yeah, we often stand around admiring each others’ lights on a night ride. My latest effort is in an art deco style with etched floral detailing. Is there any way Trout could produce personalised lights with an on-line design facility. That way you could have exactly what you want, colours, textures etc. For me the ultimate would be a light shaped like a dog’s head, but with super-bright LEDs instead of eyes and a string of LEDs made up to look like a wagging tongue. HTH.

trail_rat
    Free Member

if it was uber cheap then i have no issues with aesthetics – but there is something about spending 3-400 quid on a light and it looking like one man in his shed and spending 3-400 quid on a light and it looking like someone designed it.

i mean i dont know how much you would sell these for either but that was just my immediate thoughts.

you dont have to listen to me anyway – most folk dont :d

bigsi
    Free Member

Chatting to the guys from Lezyne yesterday at Brighton Big Dog & saw the samples for their new lights range, nice.

Also they let slip what was in the pipeline for 2012 & it will blow the competition out of the water in terms of lumens, price, weight & beam pattern.

Not saying anything more other than if it delivers what they say it will my 6 pack will be up for sale 😯

Coleman
    Free Member

Sod all on the Lezyne site, so when will these wonderful Exposure eaters be available to the general punters?

flashes
    Free Member

I have said Pugsley if you want one to do some pics with. (I’d also love to try your stuff. I’m in Bristol and suddenly the trails have got quicker and even on the Pug I fear last years lights won’t be up to it)…

trout
    Free Member

Flashes

I am down in Nailsea next weekend visiting rellies would love a look at a Pug and will have a few lights with me too .

rc200f8
    Free Member

who cares what it looks like so long as it works well, obviously spending too much time looking at it rather than riding!

Luminous
    Free Member

Also they let slip what was in the pipeline for 2012 and it will blow the competition out of the water in terms of lumens, price, weight and beam pattern.

Not saying anything more other than if it delivers what they say it will my 6 pack will be up for sale

I expect that Lezyne would actually like you to spill the beans.
    😉

Sod all on the Lezyne site, so when will these wonderful Exposure eaters be available to the general punters?

Lets not rush. I have a little respect for what Exposure make.
    Package, weight, performance.
    They are a worthy rival and not to be dismissed at a stroke, imo.
    🙂

Of course, both Lezyne and Exposure probably enjoy the cost savings of sourcing supplies from the far east.

And thats something I, and probably Trout, can never compete with.

Ultimatley, I think part of the appeal of lights such as those Trout and I offer. Is that the owner has a niche product. Not mainstream.
    And sometimes that affords the owner something special.
    Which is all part of choosing to buy something a little different.

Also. Insane lumen figures. Trout and I get our lights independantly measured. I also suspect that STW will be doing the same for any lights they get in for test this year.
    Furthermore, anything in the 1500 to 2000 lumen range is going to be adequate. Very adequate….

Anything higher is just about the bragging rights post ride and annoying your your riding crew out on the trail.
    Personally I feel that anything over 1200 lumens is fine, after which I’m looking for longer runtimes to stretch out burntimes between charges.

Cheers.

🙂

bol

Bol not something I had considered til you mentioned it
    what does the Maxx d have in it from 2 years ago.

I can’t recal what LEDs they are, but there are four of them and they put out a total of 900 lumens. To be honest I’ve always been a little disappointed with it compared to my P7 torch for brightness, although it has a more floody beam. I like the way it looks, works and quickly attaches to any bike with a mount though. Would be lovely to be able to get it refurbished to chuck out twice the power and run time without having to swap it for a bigger, heavier and stupidly expensive 6 Pack.

marsdenman
    Free Member

industrial is out …..

does not seem to be stopping folk buying Hope kit (talking brakes here, not lights…) 😉

slackman99
    Free Member

Trout, in my humble opinion, if the main body has to be square/rectangle section for the battery pack, could the front not be the same section just with a circular hole for the reflector/lens?

edited to remove the too harsh and un-called for photo

trout
    Free Member

Bol

If you are keen then I would give it a shot or at least a look at to see what can be done with it be good to see one in the flesh with permission
    to open it up .

But cant do anything till after the 18 sept due to hols .

Slackman I am not a bit affected by folks comments as it all helps the betterment of stuff .
    yes in hind sight I would do it different but as it is the first one and a learning experience it will probably become the winter dog walking torch with out the mount though, And will run it for a while to see how it performs .
    It was done with the idea of another DIY kit for folks to build for the winter in their sheds if I could get it simple enough and down to a good price .

Now I am curious to see the harsh and uncalled for photo

muggomagic

Let me know if you put the 6 pack up for sale Si. 🙂

bol

I’m happy to let you have mine to play with, although I’d be really grateful if I could borrow something to keep me going while you’ve got it? Let me know.

flashes
    Free Member

Drat. I’ll be in France next weekend………..

but if you’re ever over this way again, please let me know. Bring a bike we can do the new AC trails……….

wors

I’ve got any early example of a troutlight with the batteries in the light, i think it’s ace, and still going strong after 2 harsh winters of commuting and night riding. Keep up the good work Chris. (and luminous)

Mantastic
    Free Member

Pugsley owner here if you need me to test anything let me know. I am in the midlands

slackman99
    Free Member

Trout –

It reminded me a touch of:

Which I though was a touch harsh considering that I can hardly change a light bulb sometimes let alone craft a cnc’d bright bike light!

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Exposure Maxx D’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM