Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Explain PayPal Protection???
  • Rik
    Free Member

Hello all,

I’ve bought and sold a lot through PayPal on here and always used gift unless asked otherwise. I’ve never had any problems and neither have the people I’ve sold too. Always do the checks, regular stw user, good history etc etc.

No issues there but it’s always been for smaller stuff (sub £500) so I don’t have a huge amount of knowledge about PayPal other than eBay.

Not through STW or bike related but I want to buy a something through PayPal that’s over £1000. The guy has sent me a proper PayPal invoice and we are going halves on the fees.

A proper PayPal invoice for goods a services should mean I get full PayPal protection but what does that mean?

Rik
    Free Member

Anybody?

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Anybody?

The paucity of answers may be due to all the info being laid out on Paypal’s website? Also, you do not mention what you are buying, or whether it is to be posted/collected, which can change things.

The rough bottom line is you are covered if the item does not arrive, is not as described or is faulty.

You are NOT covered on motorised vehicles of any kind.

More info: https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/paypal-safety-and-security

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_GB#13

matt_outandabout

It means bugger all on services or second hand goods (from personal experience).

nickjb
    Free Member

You are generally covered if the sale goes wrong but its certainly not 100%. When my Sony phone failed Paypal wouldn’t cover it as they said it was a warranty issue. Sony and the retailer said it wasn’t so I was left stuck. You could use your credit card to pay the paypal bill to give you some extra protection.

Rik
    Free Member

Thanks for the info.

The item will need to be posted to me. All I’m really bothered about is that it will arrive and I’m covered if it doesn’t. I’ve already assessed the condition etc.

aracer
    Free Member

That’s one of the things you certainly should be covered for without any hassle at all. I presume the person sending is paying for insurance on the delivery (I would on something that value – and indeed generally have on anything I’ve sold over £100) – makes no difference to you, but means they don’t lose out when Paypal refunds you.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Explain PayPal Protection???’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM