Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Expenses
  • molgrips
    Free Member

God I hate doing this.

That is all.

#firstworldproblems

br
    Free Member

Expenses are cash (and often tax free) , get a grip.

molgrips
    Free Member

I don’t benefit from doing this in any way. It’s just reimbursing what I’ve spent on the company card.

zokes
    Free Member

(and often tax free)

Que? You pay for something for your employer using your own money. They pay you back. Where’s the tax benefit?

Rubber_Buccaneer

You don’t have to complete expense claims, you could just pay for the stuff yourself 🙂 Like that flight you didn’t keep the correct docs for 🙂

br
    Free Member

Que? You pay for something for your employer using your own money. They pay you back. Where’s the tax benefit?

Mileage money for one, lunches away from the office (where you’d have to pay from your net pay otherwise) – to name but two.

Solo
    Free Member

I have to record and divulge expenses.

Trawling through it all is a mare, so I know how you’r feeling OP.

Of course, the tax system doesn’t treat eveyone equally.

If you’re an MP, I believe you get a nice amount of unreceipted expenses on a daily basis.

Think I can claim like 5 quid unreceipted expenses, a day

How are MPs more trust worthy than me ?.

br
    Free Member

How are MPs more trust worthy than me ?.

Within HMRC rules anyone can claim a per diem:

http://www.optimumpaye.co.uk/articles/91-january-2011-per-diems-and-scale-rate-expenses

Its your company that doesn’t trust you 🙂

We use these rules for our own company.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Think I can claim like 5 quid unreceipted expenses

10 quid while you are overseas and therefore twice as trustworthy.

jota180
    Free Member

I don’t benefit from doing this in any way. It’s just reimbursing what I’ve spent on the company card.

You’re not doing it right

molgrips
    Free Member

Like that flight you didn’t keep the correct docs for

Lol 🙂

I can’t claim lunches, and I need receipts for everything apart from (thankfully) train travel.

The issue is as usual that I’ve left it too long and I can’t remember what happened and/or I’ve lost the receipts.

trail_rat
    Free Member

my company annoys me with this shit actually

lucky for me i work for a global department and can choose expenses/per diem to suit (based on is it a reciepting culture or a cash culture) but those in region department have to take per diem which is paid into salary and taxed at full salary rate.

meaning of your 30 dollars a day for all meals you are left with **** all squared to eat with – coupled with living in hotels with no cooking facilities where as previously we claimed it back through expenses.

i fail to see why the fact i need to eat out at restaurants due to lack of facilitys is a taxable benifit. Id much rather eat healthy food made by my own hands than questionable restaurant food that we eat to come in to our budget …..

br
    Free Member

The issue is as usual that I’ve left it too long and I can’t remember what happened and/or I’ve lost the receipts.

Where is that double-facepalm when you need it…

Write it down at the end of each day!

but those in region department have to take per diem which is paid into salary and taxed at full salary rate.

Not sure where this is, but most countries allow you to reclaim this at tax return time.

trail_rat
    Free Member

i keep a folder purely for expenses reciepts when im traveling.

gusamc
    Free Member

I suggest you write to your MP regarding lunches, and ask if they claim lunch, I suspect it may give you room for some extra questions on the disparity.

molgrips
    Free Member

Write it down at the end of each day!

I’m not short of ideas for how to improve things. I’m short of the application to actually do it!

molgrips
    Free Member

Still at it…

tonyg2003

Neat receipt – google it

We use these and script the values to the expenses spreadsheet. No hassle then.

br
    Free Member

I’m not short of ideas for how to improve things. I’m short of the application to actually do it!

Its like talking to my kids – write them down on paper, receipts in an envelope!

molgrips
    Free Member

Thanks Dad. But like I say – I know how to do it. It’s just a case of doing it.

Some people just don’t understand how things can be left not done, do they?

trail_rat
    Free Member

not if it involves my money ….. that takes priority

soobalias
    Free Member

so in conclusion, you are a muppet and have caused yourself undue stress.

whats your point caller?

molgrips
    Free Member

I am a muppet and I cause myself undue stress all the time. If you knew the extent of it you’d be amazed.

phil.w
    Free Member

you mean there’s even more than you post on here about? 😯 😉

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Expenses. The worst thing about my job. Grrrrrrrr

geoffj

Expensify – it really does make it easier!

molgrips
    Free Member

If everywhere took Amex it would make things a lot easier. Typical that our corporate card is just about the least useful piece of plastic ever.

crikey
    Free Member

I really need to find a shaking-my-head-in-a-kindly-but-exasperated-fashion-at-molgrips smiley…

BoardinBob

If everywhere took Amex it would make things a lot easier. Typical that our corporate card is just about the least useful piece of plastic ever.

+1

Hateful card. Virtually useless in the UK

molgrips
    Free Member

DONE!

Now I’ll think I’m done with it all and put them on the side to post later. I’ll then forget to post them and get into trouble.

brassneck

You have AMEX as a corporate card? You have my sympathy now.

I’ve managed to duck our corporate cc and am still racking up the Tesco ClubCard points.. will do so till I get a compliance warning, I get to go to an aquarium tomorrow on them!

coolhandluke
    Free Member

In my previous corporate life I used to pay an external secretarial company to sort my receipts out, paid for on the company card of course. I used to send three months worth of air and train travel, hotel, beer, food and costa coffee receipts to them to sort.

I got away with it nicely after my financial and time based justification spreadsheet for the £60 every three months or so.

I always did my mileage claims monthly though as I opted out of the car scheme.

br
    Free Member

I’ve never not made a ‘profit’ on expenses, with any company – and if I ever were not able to claim something, it went against my tax-return.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Typical that our corporate card is just about the least useful piece of plastic ever.

They make a great ice scraper you know

CaptJon
    Free Member

Until last year we had per diems. Some smart arse decided receipts were the way ahead. It is a pretty stupid idea if you’re doing field work in a (part of a) country which doesn’t do receipts. We also have to fill in forms before going on a trip to estimate how much we’ll spend, and get it approved! There are maximums we can claim for per day: anywhere in the UK (inc London) = £22. Paris = £90… wtf!?

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Expenses’ is closed to new replies.