Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Exmoor gravity enduro this weekend – what should I expect
  • wavejumper
    Free Member

I’m in the exmoor enduro this weekend. 1st time I’ve done anything like this. What should I expect? How gnarl will it be? Do I need the full face or will it be like a trail centre ride?? Advice please?

Dibbs
    Free Member

Exmoor’s pretty tame, a bloke did the Exmoor Explorer on a shopping bike 😆

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

I’m wondering the same thing wavejumper. Currently i’m expecting a trail centre style loop but will take all/any riding kit i have just in case. Doubting it will be UK Gravity Enduro race style hard.

johnny

I’m in, for my first gravity enduro thingy. According to the british cycling website it’s good for a first enduro event, so it should be alright. From comments on other threads, these events have been done on everything from trail hardtails to DH bikes. Personally I’ll be on an SB66, as I have one.

The promise of beer sounds good too.

Taz

Was originally planning to do this but a mate’s leaving party has put paid to that.

Weather looks cracking as well

Enjoy and report back please 🙂

flyingmonkeycorps

I shall be going, but since I’m coming from Hull and I’ve never been to Exmoor before I have little idea what to expect.

I shall be riding a Cotic Hemlock, again because that is what I have.

jam-bo

There is some great riding in the area with some awesome DH runs. Without seeing a route map it’s hard to say whether they are using the good stuff.

Top of Dunkery beacon to Porlock is over 500m of vertical descent. That’s about the same as the WC track at fort William and in places it’s as fast and as rough….

It’s certainly no tame trail centre though.

flyingmonkeycorps

I like the sound of that!

crotchrocket
    Free Member

guess I’d better rig my fullsus for climbing then 😀

flyingmonkeycorps

Just has a look at a video of a descent off of Dunkery Beacon… Yep, that looks fun!

Proper excited now, would be nice if the weather held off but I’m not holding my breath.

Look out for a chap on a Hemlock puffing up the hills and mincing down them, feel free to say hello

wrecker
    Free Member

Wish I could do this. Stupid wedding anniversary.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Exmoor gravity enduro this weekend – what should I expect’ is closed to new replies.