Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Exercise flexibility
  • Digby

I use the ‘Yoga for Cyclists’ DVD a couple of books and various online resources incl http://www.yoga.com. Thanks for the suggestion doug – I’ll have a look at Ryan Leech’s stuff.

When searching for online yoga sources I came across ‘Naked Yoga’ … i wasn’t aware that was even a ‘thing’! 😉

I keep meaning to try and get to a local yoga class, as I’m conscious that I just do the yoga poses that I like, so I’m perhaps not being as comprehensive as I could be. Plus it would be good to get some advice in case I’m not doing a pose correctly etc … I can’t always see myself properly in the ceiling mirror above the bed! 😉

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Pinkbike has a monthly yoga feature aimed at (relatively) bike specific training.

Eg: Yoga with Abi

sirromj

Video about science of stretching here:

scientific evidence to suggest that contrary to popular belief and practice – static stretching immediately before power events, such as gymnastics, is probably a bad idea

andytheadequate
    Free Member

I can’t recommend pilates highly enough, but I wouldn’t try and learn via videos on Youtube as it’s a lot more complex that it looks. It’s amazing how often I think I’m doing it right before the instructor comes over, tells me to adjust something, and then it suddenly gets a lot more difficult!

Even after only 10 sessions I have a lot more mobility in my hips and less discomfort when at the gym (especially squats). The core strength and posture will be good for cycling too, although I’ve not noticed the benefit of that yet.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Exercise flexibility’ is closed to new replies.