Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Exercise bike options?
  • 2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Hi all, looking to get an exercise bike for use by hopefully the whole family, so I’m trying to find out what the quietest types are & if it’s worth spending more than a few hundred quid.
    I have had a look for a used one on ebay, but as normal it’s a bit of a lottery & most are collection only for obvious reasons.
    Are spinning bikes like THIS worth a go or is there better bikes to be had for similar money?

Many thanks in advance.

RobHilton
    Free Member

You could try hiring one to find one you like? You’d also find out if you’re actually going to use it 🙂

I’ve had one from Carl @:
    http://www.inandoutfitness.co.uk/need-gym-fitness-exercise-equipment-contact-us.html

previously and the service was very good, reasonable price, flywheel a bit rusty from the amount of sweat it’d had poured onto it, but otherwise in good nick.

I’ll probly have another one of him over the Winter.

bones76
    Free Member

If you have the spare cash or you just want to rent for the winter then i would have to say get a Watt bike by Watt bike, i used one start of year and thought it was great and with all the info you can download to your computer you can see where you are strong and also your weak points…

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Thanks for the above, but say I wanted to buy one as circa £25-35pm to rent one would soon pay for a cheaper new one, so which is the best type

Normal or spinning type?

Any thoughts on the one I linked to?

And which is the quietest type as this is quite important to me.

Cheers
    2U2R.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Well I was bidding on this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330777492844#ht_651wt_1058, but unless someone tells me otherwise I won’t bother to increase my bid but it finishes in about 1/2 an hour so no good telling me its a bargin tomorrow 😉
    So despondent I have bought THIS as I thought it was cheap & I won’t be gutted to sell it on or give it away 🙂

Cheers.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Exercise bike options?’ is closed to new replies.