• This topic has 23 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by ads678.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Evri/CRC Returns issue… am i stuffed ?
  • weeksy

I noticed that a CRC return hadn’t been refunded the other day, it’s been 4 weeks.

So i contacted CRC/Evri who say “you didn’t drop it off”

Clearly i know i did as i dropped it off with a Merlin return (multiple trousers in different sizes etc) so i know both went to the drop-off shop.
    Sadly i didn’t keep the receipt..

So i guess i’m pretty much stuffed here ?

I went to the drop-off shop “can’t help you, we don’t have a track of items”

So it’s currently left with CRC/Evri but i think i’m going to end up £150 out of pocket here.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

You did send it separately didn’t you? Wouldn’t be the first time I’ve had eg a pair of shoes turn up with the kit that should have been returned to me.
    It’s easy done if they’re both with the same carrier too only scan one code and send both packages. Have you checked the merlin return is for the right qty of packages?

weeksy

I rang Merlin and asked a few questions, they said if they’d got multiple boxes they’d have noticed and mentioned it.

v7fmp

hmmmm… i got my better half to drop off a Wiggle return yesterday. used the Evri service and as soon as they processed it in the shop (Tesco Express) i had an email informing me that it had been done.

i assume you didnt get a similar email?

But ultimately, it does sound like without proof, you may be up the creek without a paddle.

kayak23

I had an amazon return a while ago with Evri drop off.
    It didn’t show up after waiting the advised two weeks.
    Luckily I had the little blue ticket the machine gives you, despite the fact that showed nothing when I used the code to try to track it.

I feel for you. Trying to contact Evri is about as pleasurable as hitting yourself in the face with a nail bomb tied to a stick.

Amazon eventually refunded me.

theotherjonv

I get receipts and emails. Def don’t bin before you have confirmation of return

weeksy

I get receipts and emails. Def don’t bin before you have confirmation of return

Thanks for that :) I’ll go back in time and keep them :)

v7fmp

Thanks for that 🙂 I’ll go back in time and keep them 🙂

everyday is a school day!

xora

No evidence that you ever returned it, so unless CRC are feeling generous then probably yes :-(

Im guessing the drop shop never scanned it for whatever reason!

ta11pau1

Did you print the return label at home? That should have some form of tracking number on it.

Any wiggle/Evri returns I’ve done I’ve had an email with the labels and a tracking number.

weeksy

Did you print the return label at home? That should have some form of tracking number on it.

I did yes… but the tracking shows nothing, like they never scanned it at all.

I gave them both the CRC and Merlin parcel, they beeped both… but the CRC one doesn’t seem to have worked.. so where it’s gone, i have no idea.

v7fmp

Thats true, even if it was a ‘print at the shop’ label, you would’ve had to do a online returns form and choose who you wanted to use to return it (Evri or Collect+). Which creates an email trail.

Assuming you dont delete your emails that swiftly?!

edit: you have already covered this whilst i typed my reply…. dammit!

desperatebicycle

Have you got it in your order history, or didn’t you log in to Evri to send the return? (not sure with CRC stuff)

I’ve recently had a right ding dong with Evri after they reported an £800 frame damaged that I’d sold. Eventually got it back and it wasn’t, just the box was… but it made me look up lots of info about sueing them –
    Consumer Action Group website –
    https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/451871-the-courier-industry-and-your-lost-or-damaged-property-%E2%80%93-some-general-principles/

I won’t be using Evri, again so hopefully my recent CRC order doesn’t come via them! (It’s oversize, so shouldn’t)

Blackflag
    Free Member

Whenever i’ve dropped of a CRC / Wiggle return the drop off place scans a QR code that prints the label. That triggers a “we have your parcel” email.

So yes, if you attached the label yourself and they just threw it in the corner i’d say your stuffed.

ta11pau1

I did yes… but the tracking shows nothing, like they never scanned it at all.

I gave them both the CRC and Merlin parcel, they beeped both… but the CRC one doesn’t seem to have worked.. so where it’s gone, i have no idea.

Ahh. Well… Yeah unless it’s sat in the shop collecting dust, doesn’t sound good.

It was probably assumed scanned then picked up with the rest of the parcels that day by the courier, but you’d have thought it would have then entered ‘the system’ at some point in its journey.

I had a RM collect from door like that, couldn’t scan it at the door as the scanner system was down, I get an email to say the collection failed, but a day later the tracking starts working as it’s obviously been scanned when it’s been received into one of the depots.

weeksy

Big shout to CRC who refunded me. I’m 99% they’ve not got the items or ever will, but still refunded me just now.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Good result!

stevextc
    Free Member

Big shout to CRC who refunded me. I’m 99% they’ve not got the items or ever will, but still refunded me just now.

good result but not necessarily.
    Just had a balls up with another courier
    Shop owner claiming “but someone picked it up” – I was asking if we need to involve the police – went to video footage the shop keeper sent Ze German company … turns out someone from the local DHL went in and used the email of our Ze German company account manager who we’d queried with and said “leave it with me” (as in please don’t send more emails it will complicate matters)

Throughout this our customer would be basically blanked.. all they knew was what we passed on.
    So it got delivered several days late and account manager says “no charge” (which we passed on to the customer) yet we just got invoiced for it today.

ads678

i RETURNED SOME FORKS TO crc A FEW YEARS AGO AND THEY DI{ – Bloody caps lock…} sappeared. CRC refunded me as well. Although they had got to a Hermes/Evri depot then just went missing….

desperatebicycle

They are good like that. Mate of mine had some wheels delivered, left by the back gate by the courier. Disappeared. CRC Sent him a new set.
    I bought a frame off them in the sale, called yesterday cos a part was missing. Replacement turned up today. Superb.

dirkpitt74

I had similar with Wiggle.
    Dropped off, scanned – got receipts etc and showed as ‘on it’s way back’ in the Evri app…
    Never arrived with them – took about 4 weeks to get the refund but they were really good about it.
    It wasn’t like it was small either as I’d messaged to ask if multiple returns could be sent back in one box.

theotherjonv

i RETURNED SOME FORKS TO crc A FEW YEARS AGO AND THEY DI{ – Bloody caps lock…} sappeared. CRC refunded me as well. Although they had got to a Hermes/Evri depot then just went missing….

They are good like that. Mate of mine had some wheels delivered, left by the back gate by the courier. Disappeared. CRC Sent him a new set.

This is good, but I’d say is pretty well compulsory. If you use the Hermes/Evri return service and have proof they took hold of them, after that it’s back on the retailer and their courier / returns service, so I’d say CRC should refund and then claim off H/E who clearly lost them.

Likewise the left outside the door and nicked. Unless you specifically told them to leave them in an unsecure location, I’d say they were contracted to deliver to you, not leave them in the road. Their fault, CRC take it up with the courier.

Weeksy’s OTOH – great result but ‘I returned them’….’Can you prove it’….’No, I threw the receipt away and lost the email’ ……’Hmmmm!’

I kind of know Weeksy so have no doubt he did return them and the f’up is in the courier back to CRC part, no accusation meant, but you can see how it could look. I suspect he buys so much chuffing bike stuff they probably took a position to not piss off their best customer! ;-)

weeksy

Weeksy’s OTOH – great result but ‘I returned them’….’Can you prove it’….’No, I threw the receipt away and lost the email’ ……’Hmmmm!’

I kind of know Weeksy so have no doubt he did return them and the f’up is in the courier back to CRC part, no accusation meant, but you can see how it could look

Thanks i think :D

If i was trying to con CRC i’m not sure posting it up on here would have been the best process. I wasn’t looking for “how can i force them to give me money back”… It was a genuine question to see if anyone else had had similar with items kind of disappearing.

Anyway… All is good and happy in the world

ads678

@theotherjohnv – yeah definitely, I suppose I was just surprised at the speed that they refunded. It’d only been a week or so that they’d been stuck. I was expecting a bit of a fight with them and I needed the money back as I needed to pay for a different set of forks.

Great about Weeksy’s though, maybe someone was reading STW…

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.