Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • ever had a day where you felt like bambi on ice on your trusty steed?
  • l0key
    Free Member

today was that day and Penmachno was the location.

It was raining, should go without saying in Wales. felt niggly on the fireroad up just generally unconfortable on the bike, then get to the fun swoopy/droppy bits and stack it twice from putting wheels on wrong line and sliding away from me.

Then came my masterpiece, the right hand corner with boardwalk and a massive puddle/bog on the inside………Thought it would be the perfect time to cut a boardwalk turn (never a good time) rear wheel off and then I go with it right on me side for a little swim.

i‘ve never looked as pi$hed off as I did for the rest of the trail, it made my mates feel so much better knowing that I can have the look they normally finish a trail with as well.

I blame the absence of beer last night. Still a good laugh to get out on the bike with mates though.

whats your worst performance on a bike?

thehustler
    Free Member

I had the air ambulance called to me on that trail……..I’d say thats prob it…..

gordimhor

Overtook a friend down a steep wet hill, a real arse in the air chin on the bars moment. …anyway 2 big puddles between me and the bottom of the hill flew through the first one good style bike hit axle deep mud just before the second one stopped dead I exited over the bars aquaplaned through the puddle and down 40 yards of muddy hillside . Went to the bike wash after to hose myself down.

scaled
    Free Member

I had a day where I just had no confidence in the bike, the rear wheel bearings need changing and I thought they’d collapsed or something.

Turns out I’d not done the rws skewer up properly in the car park. Felt a lot better after that.

oldnick

Plenty of times, sometimes (but not exclusively) on the same day as a ‘no balance’ ride 😮

saxabar
    Free Member

Ha, just got back from a run around Penmachno. If there was a day not to be feeling it, it was today. Wet even by Penmachno standards. Glorious sunshine now though. I always dab that boardwalk turning having come a cropper in the past. Used to do it without thinking.

binners

I’m like a pissed, 3-legged giraffe on a skateboard whenever I get on my bike. Welcome to my world….

CountZero

Having been dumped onto the Tarmac at walking speed, when both wheels went sideways, damaging my left knee, and hitting my face on the ground, I’ve completely lost my faith in the bike staying upright. It’s left me feeling really nervous and taken the enjoyment out of riding.
    Considering getting some soft knee-pads, like d3o ones, the only thing is spending a fair amount of money, then finding they start to get uncomfortable after a few miles.

wrightyson
    Free Member

On my own, local trail splits into two, shall I go left shall I go right, no I’ll go hand wringing too late straight on and boom!!! Little out coldy moment (whilst solo looking back not good) and try and bite my own way out of my own face! 6/7 cheeky stitches later and those proper anti biotics! Joy…

MrNutt
    Free Member

hang on, did he just say steed?

wrightyson
    Free Member

I just read it back and thought “steed” 😯
    I’m out!

BoomBip
    Free Member

That ****ing boardwalk at Penmachno – never quite got the concept of target fixation until I went round that corner thinking ‘Don’t look at the bog, don’t look at the bog’ – cue tightening up and toppling straight into it like a tool.

muzzle
    Free Member

It was worse than that. He said ‘trusty steed’.

CountZero

It was worse than that. He said ‘trusty steed’.

I did notice that, but chose to quietly ignore it, in the hope that it would just go away…

wwaswas

I was misread it as rusty steed and am similarly disappointed.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘ever had a day where you felt like bambi on ice on your trusty steed?’ is closed to new replies.