Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Evening riding dilemma – What's the best pre-ride snack-ette?
  • binners

A large donner kebab, with loads of chilli sauce? or steak pudding, chips and gravy?

crispo
    Free Member

Depends what colour you want your puke to be I would imagine.

40mpg

2 Pints of cider and a packet of salted peanuts

Junkyard
    Free Member

flapjack and a banana

Pieface

Beans on toast

binners

flapjack? Banana?

I’m going straight from work to our start point, in no particular rush, and need to squeeze some tea in, so beans on toast are out unless i buy a camping stove and some form of toasting device

I reckon a kebab would be alright. I apoligise in advance to anyone downwind of me later

nbt

steak pudding, chips and gravy?

Add peas for the Meal Of Champions. Eat at lunchtime, then have your normal lunchtime sarnies for tea before your ride

H
    Free Member

1 tin of Branston beans, 3 slices of wholemeal toast and a healthy grating of cheddar.

binners

Do you fancy coming out to play tonight Nbt? 7 at the Fox?

portlyone

Manchester Egg!

D0NK

I reckon a kebab would be alright

anything fatty would probably be a bad idea. If you don’t fancy flapjack or fruit get a chicken sandwich or something.

Cheezpleez

The key is to eat big at lunchtime and then grab a sarnie or flapjack an hour or two before the ride. If you go for the kebab make sure you post a pic of the vom puddle 🙂

gribble
    Free Member

Last night cheese and onion sarnie and Dr Pepper (so misunderstood)m

Tonight a banana and pastry.

grum
    Free Member

anything fatty would probably be a bad idea. If you don’t fancy flapjack or fruit get a chicken sandwich or something.

A chicken kebab with salad isn’t really unhealthy at all (as long as it’s cooked properly!) – it’s just when you add loads of bread, garlic sauce etc

ton

homemade scotch egg.

IHN

A large donner kebab, with loads of chilli sauce? or[b]and[/b] steak pudding, chips and gravy?

FTFY

D0NK

A chicken kebab with salad isn’t really unhealthy at all

true but

A large donner kebab, with loads of chilli sauce?

most certainly is 🙂

cuberider
    Free Member

Small glass of electrolyte drink and a banana. Eat carb rich meal at least 4 hours before.

100mphplus
    Free Member

I have a bowl of muesli or a big slab of soreen malt loaf and a cup of black coffee with sugar in it.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Banana sandwich pre-ride, kendal mint cake in the back pocket mid-ride. Try not to look at my fitness pal when entering the calories. Enjoy the ride!

Junkyard
    Free Member

@ DONK
    not sure your post ride feast was all that healthy tbh 😉

D0NK

cup of sweet milky tea and a pepperoni pizza? Yeah tbh my stomach did cramp a bit, but yesterdays ride was quite a bit more intense than our usual tuesday night ride. Besides everyone knows pre-ride preparation is much more important that post ride refuelling 🙂

nbt

can’t make it tonight mate, too short notice, too much stuff to sort out. 7.30 tomorrow from the ringers…

composite
    Free Member

My evening rides are always straight from work so I make sure I have a proper meal lunch time and a few flapjacks for while I’m riding.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Thought is was easier / on a par tbh…i still find MTB much harder than road riding even after the “conversion” years.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Evening riding dilemma – What's the best pre-ride snack-ette?’ is closed to new replies.