• This topic has 553 replies, 102 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by loum.
Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 554 total)
  • EURO 2012 **SPOILERS**
  • donsimon
    Free Member

Campeones, campeones, etc…
    (Or should I leave that for later?).

binners

WE DON’T TO PLAY SPAIN NEXT GAME!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO 🙂

And another vote for Stevie G being the best player on the pitch. Again. Should have been given the armband years ago!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Yes Roy can indeed hold his high. Didn’t mean to be rude earlier as nice to see him gain redemption after L’pool

dabble
    Free Member

we’re not going home
    we’re not going home
    we’re not going
    we’re not going
    we’re not going home!
    Oi!
    😀

trailmonkey

job done 8)

every game’s a bonus from now on.

donsimon
    Free Member

Now, about the disallowed goal?

allthepies
    Free Member

Well won Woy 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Well done Engerland…I haven’t seen the goal-line incident. Was it over the line? They’re saying on the radio that it was. Anyway, with France capitulating in the **** manner that only a team of cheating weak-willed shitheads like them can do, an England draw would have seen them top the group. So all good. I’m pleased for Roy too. Hopefully Spain will dispatch Les Cheats back to France (in a charter plane too).

To be honest, I reckon Italy and Spain are about as difficult as each other…as tm says, every game’s a bonus now. 🙂

dabble
    Free Member

Cheers Sepp! No goal line tech yet.

(Only the ref is to blame for the handball in the penalty area though (or ball to hand if you like))

camerone
    Free Member

Offside.

donsimon
    Free Member

Bless.

allthepies
    Free Member

Haterz gunna hate 🙂

tizzzzle
    Free Member

Parker is a breath of fresh air. No diving, 50s haircut and top bottom done up. Tally bloody ho

yossarian
    Free Member

England played shit.

But it’s not that important. We’re unbeaten, group winners and that’s already more than anyone dared hope for.

Ive been impressed by Hodgson’s decisions and acumen, with rodwell, wilshere and a few more we might be quite menacing by the next world cup.

camerone
    Free Member

Talking to me?

tizzzzle
    Free Member

Rodwell is terrible.

soobalias
    Free Member

meh performance

but a win and top, bang on it boys.

roll on sunday

deluded
    Free Member

WTF is going on with Waynes barnet? Just shave it off for goodness sake.

EDIT – but thanks for the goal.

aa
    Free Member

never easy. but, got the job done

we have a real chance of beating a poor italian side.

in roy we trust.

Candodavid
    Free Member

I though it was one of the dourest 90 minutes of football I’ve ever seen, gutted I’m never going to get that time back.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Am I the only one who genuinely didn’t think the whole ball was over the whole line after watching all the various replays from all the different angles ?

wrightyson
    Free Member

It was a fookin mile over the line but who cares!!! Did I mention Greece in disguise???

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Am I the only one who genuinely didn’t think the whole ball was over the whole line

Yes. Pay back after the germany game a few years back?

Also, isnt that what the 4/5/6th official is for??

Get hawk eye involved on the big screens, massive tension and release = win for the game.

timc
    Free Member

ukraine player was offside in build up to disallowed goal, lucky, but strangely fair?

never easy to play host in all or nothing game, decent in the end, see the LFC haters are starting to see why Woy’s tactics didn’t go down well at Anfield.

Italy will be tough but if we play well, we stand a chance!

timc
    Free Member

pus Gerrard was a cut above the rest, really showing his quality on & off the ball in this tournament! world class

PrinceJohn

That injury to Lampard is dfinitely a blessing – really allowing us to see the Liverpool Gerrard in England colours.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Pay back after the germany game a few years back?

Even the BBC commentators were throwing this out last night. It would only be payback if it was Germany playing last night. Ukraine didn’t profit from the Lampard over-the-line goal.

ask1974
    Free Member

Get hawk eye involved on the big screens, massive tension and release = win for the game.

ukraine player was offside in build up to disallowed goal, lucky, but strangely fair?

Agree. Interesting question though. In the event of goal line technology being implimented will play leading up to the goal be taken into consideration? Last night being a perfect example. Pause game to allow Hawk Eye to do it’s job and a goal is awarded; rewind a few seconds further and see the linesman failed to flag offside? Needs to be like Cricket where the immediate events leading to the goal are factored or it’s a fail.

Just imagine if England had needed a win to get through and goal line tech had awarded the goal even though offside? The England fans would have dismantled the stadium and surrounding villages…

donsimon
    Free Member

Pause game to allow Hawk Eye to do it’s job and a goal is awarded; rewind a few seconds further and see the linesman failed to flag offside?

How far back should we look to find the jsutification?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

don simon – Member
    POSTED 10 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

You mean the one that was clearly offside in the build up? Justice done.

FuzzyWuzzy

It was only just completely over the line but as he was offside anyway and a draw would have been the same result it doesn’t really matter. I wouldn’t fancy being the goal-line linesman either, trying to make that call on seeing it once in real time, no thanks.

As for England, utter shit apart from Gerrard and even he’s showing his age now. Terry’s great when defending set pieces but a joke when he has to chase something. First time we meet a half decent side we’ll get embarrassed unless someone starts playing decent football.

ask1974
    Free Member

Don. I dunno, can’t go back far for obvious reasons but the immediate play leading in I would say. The off pitch ref would have to check that the events that put the player in a goal scoring position were legit. Difficult I agree but a fair point no?

hilldodger
    Free Member

Get hawk eye involved on the big screens, massive tension and release = win for the game

Don’t favour fourth umpires, TV refs, hawkeye etc myself – maybe OK for those stop/start sports like rugby and cricket where there’s always pauses in the play but not football….

…and it would mean the death of the much beloved chants of “the refeere’s a winker”, “you don’t know what you’re doing” and “who’s the blighter in the black”

Leave the tech for the posh boys and just let’s get on with having a laugh, a bit of banter and a whinge over the footy, like it’s always been 😀

donsimon
    Free Member

Difficult I agree but a fair point no?

Agreed and the debate would just move to a different place in order to justify a claim wither way.
    I’m firmly in the “what comes around, goes around” camp. No technology and accept the part that humans play in human error. On the world stage England seem to be ahead using this method, no? 😉

neninja
    Free Member

England’s campaign seems to mirror Chelsea’s Champions League performances – good team spirit, totally out classed in the midfield, can’t keep the ball and make very few chances but somehow keep winning.

You never know………………….

hilldodger
    Free Member

Thing is, even the sports that have the tech always end up moaning about the decisions, just adds another layer of blame to the situation – keep it real time and accept that mistakes will happen, it’s all part of it…..

hilldodger
    Free Member

neninja – Member
    England’s campaign seems to mirror Chelsea’s Champions League performances – good team spirit, totally out classed in the midfield, can’t keep the ball and make very few chances but somehow keep winning.

Yes, and let’s face it – no team has really set these championships alight have they.
    Could well see England making further progress by relying on hard work, organisation and a bit of luck…

..that’s why football is the team sport, so unpredictable and so many ways to put together a winning performance

trailmonkey

as far as the ukraine’goal’ is concerned, i thought it was over the line.

tough titty on them. just like we’ve had to suck up disallowed goals against argentina, portugal, germany.

so it goes.

dooosuk
    Free Member

Who was offside in the lead up to the goal?

I’ve re-watched it loads (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18509615) and I can’t see either player offside.

donsimon
    Free Member

Apparently it’s cut and dried, a clear offside.
    http://singletrackworld.com 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 554 total)

The topic ‘EURO 2012 **SPOILERS**’ is closed to new replies.