Viewing 40 posts - 46,641 through 46,680 (of 77,140 total)
  • EU Referendum – are you in or out?
  • martinhutch

Grayling as Brexshit sec ? god help us!

He’d grab it with both hands to get away from transport. No-one else is dumb enough to take over the ‘easiest negotiation in history’.

Klunk
    Free Member

the whole process was always going to be a mess of monumental proportions, but it’s now surpassed all expectations !

kimbers

Some brilliant comments leaving from DDs colleagues

slowoldman

Considering how badly he handled himself & how poorly prepared he was at the brexit select committee meetings, I’m amazed he wasn’t fired months ago.

If I’d been his boss I would have had the useless sod on a Performance Improvement Plan ages ago.

PJM1974
    Free Member

JRM knows as well as anyone that we are caught between a rock and a hard place if we want there to be minimal short to medium term economic and social disruption from Brexit.  He’s also hugely out of his depth and he understands that the worst thing that could possibly happen right now is a leadership challenge or a collapse of government.

Interesting times.

binners

There won’t be a leadership challenge. The hard brexiteers in the party, despite all the noise they make, are actually  a small minority of Tory MPs. The rest are remainers. If they go for a vote of no confidence May will win it comfortably, and they know that.

Davis resigned because he’s a bone idle thicko who was miles out of his depth, and wanted to spend even more time catatonically drunk. The Brexiteers are waiting for Boris to resign. Don’t hold your breath chaps…..

kimbers

its Rabid Raab!

molgrips
    Free Member

Big business cant lose their access to cheap labour to maintain their big profits for those at top

Interesting that you think this is why businesses are pro EU.

Personally, I don’t think they’d suddenly become more philanthropic outside the EU.  And even if that were the reason (and I don’t think it is) they’d just move work elsewhere.

The EU has become a very well integrated place, all our businesses have become dependent on each other, across the bloc, and that is how businesses grow.  And we ALL prosper when businesses grow, despite the ‘fat cat’ type headlines.  It’s undoubtedly true that some business owners are taking too much profit and not passing it on to workers, and that is very bad.  But don’t get that confused with economic growth.  The two aren’t the same.  Everyone benefits from a growing economy and strong businesses.

Brexit puts a massive spanner in the works for businesses that are trying to build industries and create jobs.  It is NOT going to solve the fat cat problem – no way.  It’s going to make it worse, since unscrupulous fat cats will either leave, or continue feathering their own nests at the expense of workers anyway.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

+1 molgrips

there is a big misunderstanding of this

kimbers

Tory MPs openly describing this a shitshow, now

El-bent
    Free Member

Despite being asked many, many times ninfan still hasn’t told us how he would see brexit working. Maybe like every other brexit voter I’ve spoke too he hasn’t got a f****** clue.

I thought it was obvious. Ninny and his crew want to leave the EU no matter the cost. The first part of their plan being was once the Uk has left it will be forced to deal with its new circumstances…the second part of the plan kicks in afterwards and we all know of course what that plan is.

As for DD,his replacement, Gove, Johnson, Fox, JRM etc, this is what happens when paid for education educates people far beyond their own intelligence.

The educated “stupids” are becoming an epidemic.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Dominic Raab?

You. Cannot. Be. Serous….

igm

Ok. Not big. Not clever. But…

The new Brexit Bulldog is Raab(id)

kimbers

Wasnt raab in favour of extwnding transition?

thatll please the brexies

Steve Baker, Mogg & other brexies not holding back on their criticisms of May now

binners

They can gob off all they like. They won’t actually do anything though. They’ll bitch and moan, like always, but don’t have any answers when asked what their proposals alternative would be? They don’t have any actual proposals or policies. They never did.

And the very last thing shithouses like Gove or Johnson want is ownership of this car crash

molgrips
    Free Member

here is a big misunderstanding of this

See Zippykona and his chocolate.  He’s not  fat cat (although I dunno how much he weighs) but he’ll have to spend more money and time dealing with imports post Brexit, making his chocolate more expensive and putting him at a disadvantage.  If his profit margins are small it may end up not being worth his while.

And that same story will be happening all over the country.

PJM1974
    Free Member

It’s all happening today:

PJay
    Free Member

If they go for a vote of no confidence May will win it comfortably, and they know that.

I might have gotten hold of the wrong end of the stick, but I understand a Motion of No Confidence to be a vote of no confidence in the Government by Parliament (which could, ultimately, trigger a general election) rather than against a PM. Aren’t the Tories are, technically, a minority government propped up by the DUP? It’s not entirely implausible that a Motion of No Confidence could be won if enough MPs are concerned enough about the ruinous mess the government seem to be making of Brexit; the DUP might not be so supportive if it looks like a no deal exit might screw up Northern Ireland (I assume that a No Deal exit would result in a hard border).

theotherjonv

we aren’t talking about a no confidence parliament vote here though, are we?  I think the potential challenge for TM the PM is a 1922 committee NC vote, where 15% of her MPs have to sign a motion to the head of the 1922 – that’s 48 MPs if my maths is right. And while a large chunk of them are cowardly sheisters, that wouldn’t stop them from ganging together if someone else was brave enough to start the fight.

mrmo
    Free Member

@theotherjonv Don’t think of it as a leadership contest, IMO. Think of it as a fillybuster.

How much time would a contest waste? how much closer to March and no deal does it get us.
    <div class=”bbp-author-role”></div>

binners

She’s safe as houses. Not even Boris is stupid enough to want to take over this shitshow as it all falls apart. They want May to carry the can for it

Despite Corbyn using last weeks PMQ’s to talk about buses, Labour are now ahead in the polls

bikebouy
    Free Member

Was that the face of a dejected man i’ve just seen coming out of n10?

Didn’t look at all bothered did he, well you wouldn’t would you having scavenged a fully expensed piss up in the best hotels in Europe for the last couple of years…. and produced a summary report that said “best keep it like it is, just give it another name”

Pathetic Tory Contard.

Cougar

Just been reading up on Raab C Brexit.  He’s a charmer, isn’t he.

Out of the same mould as Dickie Davis only further right and seemingly with more brain cells.  That’s a dangerous combination.

kimbers

So Johnson failed to turn up to todays COBRA meeting

As foreign Secretary Borris Johnson Im sure he has far more important things to be doing than concerning himself with the murder of a British Ciztizen by a foreign power

Like plotting how he can turn the absolute shambles of Brexit into a career opportunity

kimbers

somafunk

You forgot his £140,000+ yearly salary for accomplishing sweet ****-all for the past two years.

dissonance

So Johnson failed to turn up to todays COBRA meeting

He didnt turn up at a summit but the excuse was it was a COBRA meeting instead but now it all seems confused.

Maybe he has got stuck on a zip line somewhere. Either that or someone driving a bulldozer saw him and decided to help him keep to one of his pledges for a change.

kimbers

johnson has quit?

v8ninety

Yup, Boris gone. Self destruct mode has been well and truly engaged…

grahamt1980

Fantastic, how long until a new election? Most likely with article 50 paused indefinitely

BaronVonP7
    Free Member

I thought T dawg might be a bit brighter and as soon as Dimpy Davis flounced (which should have ben obvs.) she’d announce that “it was like herding cats” and a more “capable” leader was needed so she’s standing down but STRONGLY recommends Bozza J for top job with JRM as deputy.

Hands (sort of) washed of the forthcoming train wreck and nicely stabbing two of her biggest “b******s” (<b>©</b> JMajor) in the face.

Too slow. Too late.

lunge

Rees-Mogg next?

16stonepig
    Free Member

<div class=”bbp-reply-author”>lunge
    <div class=”bbp-author-role”>
    <div class=””>Subscriber</div>
    </div>
    </div>
    <div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

Rees-Mogg next?

</div>

<div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

JRM is not a minister. He just talks like he is.

</div>

salad_dodger

Hardly worth Trump coming to visit this week as they’ll be no one left to greet him. Result!

Klunk
    Free Member

what has happened to Mrs Mays blinder ?

binners

Little Liam next for the full house of brexiteer dimwits?

grahamt1980

Klunk – to be fair it is getting rid of a lot of dead weight

dissonance

Rees-Mogg next?

As 16stonepig says he aint a minister. He just stands outside the tent pissing in.

slowoldman

I’m enjoying all this.

Viewing 40 posts - 46,641 through 46,680 (of 77,140 total)

The topic ‘EU Referendum – are you in or out?’ is closed to new replies.