Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Estranged wife needs my address/DOB/NI no for JSA Claim?
  • hebdencyclist
    Free Member

As above. I am amicably separated from my wife. We have two kids. Our youngest has just turned 5, so my wife has to come off Income Support and make a claim for Jobseeker’s Allowance.

She’s just texted me. Apparently the dole need MY address, NI number and date of birth, in order for her to make her claim. I am very reluctant to disclose this information to that shower of bastards. I already pay child maintenance over and above the level the CSA calculator recommends, plus a lot extra.

I could have been a deadbeat Dad who left no forwarding address. Then, my wife would have no way of obtaining any details from me. Surely the dole can still process my wife’s benefit claim without them having all of my details?

Oh, and before the usual bellends chime in with “why doesn’t she get a job”, yes I agree with you but that’s a separate issue.

allthegear
    Free Member

It’s probably so they can determine that you are actually separated and not living at the same address.

Rachel

project
    Free Member

as above to prove you exist and are not dead or on benefits etc

carlosg
    Free Member

If you really don’t want her to have these details then get her to give the dole office your address so they can write to you direct for them. I presume she does know where you live?

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

I don’t mind my wife having them – it’s the dole I don’t trust!

I’m not sure it’s merely a exercise in identity confirmation. My fear is that, at some point, my income details will be used against my wife/me, as in “we’re not paying you this benefit any more – your husband can support you.”

CHB

Hope you can give some support, both financially and parentally. If your ex is on benefits then your kids will be classed as FSM/disadvantaged in the system. The educational outcomes for FSM kids is way behind those with more affluent and supportive parents. Relationship breakdowns are a mess, and the kids are always the losers. Hope you can buck the stats. 🙂

ninfan
    Free Member

Ah, reminds me of the time the CSA phoned me but then had to end the call after I failed their identity check 🙂

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Hope you can give some support, both financially and parentally. If your ex is on benefits then your kids will be classed as FSM/disadvantaged in the system. The educational outcomes for FSM kids is way behind those with more affluent and supportive parents. Relationship breakdowns are a mess, and the kids are always the losers. Hope you can buck the stats.

I give my wife and my children plenty, PLENTY of money. And time. And care. And a house. And I do all the things that a dad should do, like read with my kids, take them to interesting places, help them with their homework, take them to sports clubs, ride bikes with them, etc. Their mother does none of those things. Nor does she have a job, or any interest in getting one. There’s a reason we’re separated.

As a teacher I am well aware of the outcomes for disadvantaged students. I can only do what I can.

You can stick your patronising preaching and insinuations up your **** arse.

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Ah, reminds me of the time the CSA phoned me but then had to end the call after I failed their identity check

That’s the way you’re gonna beat ’em 🙂

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

JSA are box tickers whose objective is to get people off JSA, not into jobs but off JSA.
    Make sure that you don’t tick the wrong boxes on the estranged/ex-wife front.

CHB

Eloquently put. And no insinuation intended. Hope my **** remains unviolated.

superjohn71
    Free Member

Surely it’s just to confirm that you are in fact separated? If you were divorced, I don’t think they’d ask (also ironically if you were never married). Otherwise, there would be nowt to stop every married couple making a JSA claim even if they were blissfully happy together, if you see what I mean.

As a new claimant, though, wouldn’t she be put on the new universal credit now?

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Hope my **** remains unviolated.

You love it, you slag.

Surely it’s just to confirm that you are in fact separated?

Then why ask for my NI number? But yeah – maybe I’m reading too much into it.

As a new claimant, though, wouldn’t she be put on the new universal credit now?

Well she says JSA – so maybe UC isn’t fully rolled out?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Surely it’s just to confirm that you are in fact separated?

Then why ask for my NI number? But yeah – maybe I’m reading too much into it.[/quote]

Probably for completeness, your NI will probably confirm that you are elsewhere, probably link to your CSA info among other things. But perhaps it is time for some more tinfoil upstairs. If you really want to know then head down the offices and provide the information to them and ask what they will do with it etc.

zanelad
    Free Member

“I give my wife and my children plenty, PLENTY of money. And time. And care. And a house. And I do all the things that a dad should do, like read with my kids, take them to interesting places, help them with their homework, take them to sports clubs, ride bikes with them, etc. Their mother does none of those things. Nor does she have a job, or any interest in getting one. There’s a reason we’re separated.

As a teacher I am well aware of the outcomes for disadvantaged students. I can only do what I can.

You can stick your patronising preaching and insinuations up your **** arse.”

Well said. It always amazes me when sanctimonious ****’s post their shite remarks on the Web when they’d never dare say such crap to your face.

superjohn71
    Free Member

Yeah, I’m probably wrong, I just thought that they were trailing UC in a few areas, I.e. moving everyone onto it, but that all new claims everywhere would be under UC. Perhaps it’s not classed as a new claim cos she was on income support or something?

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Well said. It always amazes me when sanctimonious ****’s post their shite remarks on the Web when they’d never dare say such crap to your face.

Some people, etc.

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Perhaps it’s not classed as a new claim cos she was on income support or something?

Aye. I have no experience of the benefit system. What I do believe is that my wife will be expected to get a job sharpish.

Which will be absolutely fine by me.

grumpysculler
    Free Member

My fear is that, at some point, my income details will be used against my wife/me, as in “we’re not paying you this benefit any more – your husband can support you.”

They need some info from you to stop them doing exactly that. As you are married then, absent proof of separation, she wouldn’t be entitled to income-based JSA if you earn enough. Your income would bar her claim because you are married.

Our benefits system has a principle that a spouse supports you before the state does and claims made by married couples are joint. They want to make sure who you are and that you are not living with her.

Also: get a divorce.

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Also: get a divorce.

😀 It’s happening!

bearnecessities

Well she says JSA – so maybe UC isn’t fully rolled out?

UCLS is national, but there are gateway criteria. UCFS has no gateway criteria, but not rolled out nationally yet.

It’s complicated 🙂

superjohn71
    Free Member

What’s that – a government designed system that is overly complicated? Well I never. 🙂

jambalaya
    Free Member

My 2 pence. I would not assume it’s an innocent inquiry. You are not divorced, arguably (from their point of view) you should be supporting your wife too. Yes, in a divorce your wife is supposed to work to the best of her ability (given childcare responsibilities) but you are not divorced. You may think you are paying plenty and more than CSA calculation but that may not be their view.

Just saying. I think you are correct to be suspicious. Best of luck.

totalshell

speed up that divorce.. amicable or not.. it wont be for much longer despite the best intentions of all concerned..

once monies are on the table its expected and as its withdrawn the issues will start

good solicitor is essential.. best of luck to you the kids and the ex there are no winners..dont forget the grandparents they just want to see the kids..

ScottChegg
    Free Member

when they’d never dare say such crap to your face. read or understood the earlier posts

There we go; much better.

I don’t mind my wife having them – it’s the dole I don’t trust!

The ‘dole’ is a section of the govt, you can assume they have your details already. They just need to single out which is you.

I think you can trust them with it.

Your bank details, however…

tjagain

I asked my missus who works in benefits advice – she was surprised this info was not needed for Income support and said if you are paying at or above CSA rates then you have nothing to worry about.

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Update:

I’ve just had a coffee with the wife. She’s checked and none of those details are “mandatory fields” on the claim form so I’ve left them blank.

I’ve had to write a letter saying how much I give her every month but that’s it.

Thanks all! (well, most of you)

ninfan
    Free Member

I’ve had to write a letter saying how much I give her every month but that’s it.

How will they know it’s from you?

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

How will they know it’s from you?

Indeed. But that’s what they want, so that’s what I’ve done 🙂

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Estranged wife needs my address/DOB/NI no for JSA Claim?’ is closed to new replies.