Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • ESi foam grips (any others)
  • jonnyrockymountain

Love my esi foam grips, my only gripe is they are a pain to get on and off, is there any other foam grips out there that are easier ie lock on coller?

eviljoe
    Free Member

yup, ritchey ones, they come on collars.

They wear out quite quick though (after all they are foam…) I’m about to experiment with getting basic foam grips over the tube and collars so they are then removable

dirtyrider
    Free Member

realistically, how often are you taking them on and off?

jameso

There’s a number of lock-on foams out there mostly made by Velo, the plastic collar inside means there’s less foam depth so to me they feel a bit less comfy than non-lock on versions. Nothing major tho.

njee20
    Free Member

The ESIs are quite different to other foam grips – they call them silicone, and they are much ‘squishier’ than other foam grips, which generally feel much denser.

I changed my ESIs yesterday, quick spray of Windolene under the grip and they came straight off.

I’d suggest if you like the ESIs you’ll be disappointed with most foam grips.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

yep windolene works for mine and really easy to cut for grip shift

njee20
    Free Member

The Chunkys are a good thickness match for GS too.

warpcow
    Free Member

I’d suggest if you like the ESIs you’ll be disappointed with most foam grips.

^This. No comparison really, especially against lock-on foam grips.

Stiggy

Specialized SIP grip?

chrisdw
    Free Member

Think this was originally Northwind’s suggestion.
    For putting them on, line up a few zip ties in the grip and slide in onto the bar using the reduced friction from zip ties. Then just pull the ties out.

Taking them off I just use a quick spray of IPA. Never need to take them off now tho with shimano brakes and I spec shifter.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘ESi foam grips (any others)’ is closed to new replies.