Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Enduro tips?
  • sih27
    Free Member

I was up there too and thoroughly enjoyed it – cracking event! I’ve done a few enduro’s before but I reckon this one was a step up in terms of how techy on the downs were, and steepness of the transitions (push ups)….. Some mega quick riders there too!

Would have preferred to have been able to have a proper look at some of the features during practice (KS drop in particular) as I bailed on hitting them blind and potentially ruining my race run for the sake of gaining a few seconds. Guess everybody was in the same boat though….

Was aiming for top half in my category (masters) – just missed out and got 94 / 179. Still happy with that though for a first attempt!

Cheers to Kev and the team for putting on a top event, despite the current restrictions etc!

kingofthetoys

Agreed @sih27 I had a blast!

A brutal weekend but good fun. Stages 1 and 2 were pure survival for me but really enjoyed the others, stage 5 in particular was superb however got a front flat at the top and ended up running down with the bike 😂🙈

My aim was to not come last in my first enduro and I didn’t so I’m buzzing, will definitely be entering more in the future.

Huge thanks to Kev and the crew for putting it on it challenging times!

bigfoot
    Free Member

race day didn’t start to well for me, put 2 holes in my front tyre about 15 seconds into stage 1. lost a massive amount of time and it was still bothering me in stage 2 so didn’t ride that well. i actually thought the taping in 1 & 2 was very hard to follow.

really enjoyed 5 & 6 and managed 9th in both even with a crash in 5(grand vets so the slow old men, although some of them are still bloody quick)

being local we had a walk on 1,2 and 6 on friday evening, i’m not so sure it actually helped much, everything looks totally differant when you come at it on a bike, possibly helped with a couple of lines but most features i know from past races there.

need to work on my fitness though, it was a tough day

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Enduro tips?’ is closed to new replies.