Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Elka not with Silverfish anymore
  • ash.addy
    Free Member

Found out on Monday they are with Balfa UK Link

ash.addy
    Free Member

Bump for the evening crowd

jedi

what do elka do?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Judging by the lack of interest here, nothing worth knowing about! 🙂

ash.addy
    Free Member

Do you mind they make an exceedingly good shock.

jedi

do they?

scaredypants

he’s thinking of cakes – they make exceedingly good cakes

LoCo
    Free Member

mmmm cakes 😀 …..

jedi

i never heard of elka shocks to be fair

LoCo
    Free Member

Canadian, didn’t sell very well hence pretty rare, the CCDB appeared and killed off all other the high end coil shocks on the market, if a brand doesn’t sell you drop it.

jedi

cheers loco 🙂

R979
    Free Member

I have one of their* stage 4 cartridges in my 36s and it is brilliant. Just need to get those SKF seals in and jobs a goodun.

*Elka were selling them under licence from Fast Suspension (http://www.fast-suspension.com) which they are no longer doing (http://www.elkasuspension.com/?q=stage4). I had a slight issue with my original cart and it went back on a fantastical journey to Canada before being shipped back to France.

matt_outandabout

SO, the idea is that you pay £800+ for a Fox 36, then chuck out the internals and put in a £400 Elka set…? hmmm, not the best proposition I have heard of.

legend
    Free Member

or pick up some old second hand ones and give them a new lease of life. It’s nothing new, Mojo did it for old Boxxers, Avalanche are still doing it for newer Boxxers and 888s

matt_outandabout

ahhhh, now that makes more sense…

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

So what impact does an elka 36 upgrade have I wonder…

R979
    Free Member

No, Matt-OaA. I already had some ’06 36s I’d owned since new. Stanchions in good nick so was considering the FIT cartridge upgrade but didn’t really want to give Mojo any more of my money. Forksparts were doing Elka for closer to EUR250. So a fairly economical upgrade.

In my opinion the Elka cart damping is much better than the older Fox cart. I’ve not ridden a new Fox damper so can’t really give any comparisons there.

mikey74
    Free Member

I had an Elka Stage 5 rear shock until i bought a new bike which it didn’t fit. They are brilliant shocks and perform, I am told, just as well as the CCDB, at a lower price.

They don’t have as must adjustment as the DB, but are tuned to your weight and bike at the point of sale and then you tweak the HS and LS compression, pre-load and high speed rebound.

The only downside was that you had to deal with Silverfish to get them serviced.

ash.addy
    Free Member

I love my stage 5 shock but the hassle I had getting one from Silverfish was unbelievable. In total I must have waited 7 to 8 months. Hopefully the service will be better with the new dealer. PS Silverfish did let me have the shock in the end at a quite heavily discounted price.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Elka not with Silverfish anymore’ is closed to new replies.