Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Electric underfloor heating controls
  • JEngledow
    Free Member

We’ve got electric underfloor heating in the bathroom and it’s currently got a thermostatic controller which isn’t much use as the central heating works and t’wife just wants the underfloor heating warm enough to take the chill off the tiles, so I was thinking that it would be better if I replaced the thermostatic controller with one that simply varies the temp of the heating element so it can be switched on low to keep the tiles from getting cold. Would this work and if so what do I need to look for? Thanks.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Our EUFH controller has a ‘holiday’ mode which keeps the floor at a lower set temp with no timer. You prob have this facility, just set the temp to what you want.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I can’t be the only one that read that as

“Electric underwear heating controls”

Or can I?

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Does your floor have a temperature probe installed? You can get simple stats that just use the floor probe to control them, you can then set this to whatever temp you desire for the floor.

When I istall the systems I prefer this over the air temp sensor.

ritchic
    Free Member

yeah if you haven’t already got a sensor probe under the tiles your pretty stuck other than just putting it on max or constant somehow

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Electric underfloor heating controls’ is closed to new replies.