Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • eek, that was scary ! Help please, xtr 975 brake spares question..
  • loughor
    Free Member

Somehow lost the bolt thing that goes through the caliper and pads, circlip and all. Done a quick search on-line at the usual, obvious places without success. Basically, a where from question.. please.
    Thnx in advance (on Hong Kong time zone)
    Jon

mmel
    Free Member

Like this? Click

loughor
    Free Member

mmel,
    that’s the jobbie, cheers

Jon

loughor
    Free Member

Oh hang on. Will that fit the newer 975 ? Looks right but not sure.
    Again I am indebted to the STW greater knowledge

Jon

bigyinn
    Free Member

Should do the trick, reviews suggest it works with older era brakes, but no stock until march.
    Might take a punt on one so I can do away with the bloody split pin on my 595 caliper (need to tap the threads first though)

loughor
    Free Member

BigYinn,
    I agree LOOKS right.. but ?? Chinese New Year in HK, LBS on hols, can’t really wait until March either

bigyinn
    Free Member

For £1.79 its got to be worth a punt.

A split pin will do you as a temp fix until you can get a proper replacement.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

do they not come free with new pads?

loughor
    Free Member

BY and MWS,
    Genuinely thnx. Split pin is a great bodge, at least an improvement on the cable tie i used to get home ! Not sure if the bolt comes with new pads, have to wait until next week when LBS reopens. Cheers both and I will order those suggested earlier just to see if they’re OK.
    FYI, I blame human error (mine) for the loss

bigyinn
    Free Member

No bolts with new pads, not even genuine shimano ones.

loughor
    Free Member
    bigyinn
    Free Member

That’ll be aluminium replacement pins. Bargain!
    I’d stick a split pin in there and put the proper pin on back order with Wiggle, unless you want to spend £40.

You could find a suitable length threaded bolt and file the threads smooth on it (barring the first bit), that’s what I’ve done in the past.

mmel
    Free Member

More like this one then? Click

In stock too!

bigyinn
    Free Member

That will fit fine, although I prefer the allen bolt ones rather than the screwdriver slot ones.
    If it siezes in there its easier to use an allen key without destroying the head.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘eek, that was scary ! Help please, xtr 975 brake spares question..’ is closed to new replies.