Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • eek no pants!
  • maxray
    Free Member

Dammit, first time in several years commuting and I left my undercrackers/belt neatly on the couch next to my bag this morning rather than in it…

… it does feel quite liberating though! 8)

So, has anyone forgotten the whole lot and ended up without towel/change of clothes when they got to work? I am guessing it must be hard to do but after this morning I can see hwo it might happen. 😀

thegreatape
    Free Member

Yes. Now I keep a spare pair in my locker for this very scenario.

yossarian
    Free Member

Yes. Now I keep a spare pair in my locker for this very scenario.

+1 I have more clothes at work than I do at home!

Onzadog
    Free Member

Sometimes I just stay in my Lycra all day at work as I know it winds certain people up.

GrunkaLunka
    Free Member

Funnily enough I too am sitting here without any trousers.

Wondering how long I'll be able to stay seated in order to hide said fact, but I'm running low on caffeine and can smell the coffee from the kitchen…

clubber
    Free Member

I forgot my socks on the commute once so spent the day in suit with cycling socks which luckily were predominantly black.

Slightly off the topic but I recall when one of the guys at the place I was working at noticed that his suit trousers had worn through so he had to buy a pair of black cycling shorts to wear under them to avoid it being obvious 😉

DrJ

Keep spare cufflinks at work to avoid having to use paper clips when I forget them. So far managed to remember my trousers!!

freddyg
    Free Member

Similar problem here, I commute by motorbike and am currently sat in my leathers. Mmmm. Nice.

Although I can guarantee that by 3pm when the crappy aircon goes off, it'll start to get distinctly unpleasant.

Nezbo
    Free Member

i am always forgeting stuff 🙁

forgten Shoes, underpants, trousers, everything, laptop etc…

but it's not to bad i just used a works car to get stuff that i cant do without. never bothered about underpants and shoes, they felt like i was at home all day, wandering about in camndo and socks 🙂

PiknMix
    Free Member

This post has made me laugh… it has also made me realise that i hadn't even considered these types of problems! I start commuting (its only an 18 miler so nothing big) very shortly and as well as all the deathwish drivers to contend with I may also have no trousers to wear when I get there as I am the most scatterbrained person in the world.

Could make for some interesting days, cheers for the insights.

molgrips
    Free Member

I have forgotten underpants in the past, and ended up wearing cycling shorts all day under my trousers. I also forgot shoes and worn cycling shoes all day too.

I once forgot trousers.. and had to go back for them..

DezB
    Free Member

I forgot my bike once. Never again. So embarrassing.

skiboy
    Free Member

quite apt as this morning i had to stop to check i had my shreddies,

in 9 years of daily commuting i've done it loads, i always send an email out telling everyone i've gone commando,

Also done socks loads not relevant until you get a soaking the same day, I have found rolls of tissue wrapped around the foot work,

trousers, forgot once, spent the morning wearing my Freddie mercury's (endura bibs) with steel toecaps, it's a great look on the shop floor 😯

JAM29er
    Free Member

i always send an email out telling everyone i've gone commando

So people look, or don't look?

ebygomm
    Free Member

I've forgotten pants loads, not too much of a problem really. Forgetting a bra is worse, was wearing a sports bra but style of jumper meant I had to keep a scarf on all day to avoid it being on show.

Dylan08
    Free Member

Gave up wearing scrots when I was 15 (now 32) – cant see the need if you're a chap … let em hang dude, stay free!

molgrips
    Free Member

I like the support of proper cacks. Flapping around is uncomfortable for me.

samuri
    Free Member

I always left a spare pair of socks/underpants/trousers/a shirt at work.
    The worrying one would be if I ever forgot to take my prescription glasses with me so I'd spend the entire day looking totally awesome in a pair of dark cycling glasses.

Never did it though.

Rickos
    Free Member

Body paint works wonders. Did you see The Naked Office on Virgin this week?

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

Dylan08 – Member
    Gave up wearing scrots when I was 15 (now 32) – cant see the need if you're a chap … let em hang dude, stay free!

I prefer bovril stains on my scants rather than my trews.

turboferret

Have forgotten socks several times, and boxers, and once just as Molgrips, I forgot my trousers and had to go home to get them 😆 Made a nice 24 mile commute instead of the usual 8 😀

Cheers, Rich

ebygomm
    Free Member

I once got to work, went to lock my bike and remembered my keys were still hanging in the front door. 18 miles before work that morning.

soobalias
    Free Member

ive forgotten socks/pants regularly, that i can live with.
    this week ive managed to go without a belt/tie, since i delivered my newly dry cleaned suit straight from the cleaners!

worst thing i did was forget my keys, i realised when i went to lock my bike up, unfortunately the same key ring holds my locker key – towel/shower gel, suit, shoes,socks,pants – my options were a freshly pressed shirt (in a suit bag in the office) or head home and try again.

when i run at lunchtime, i regularly find myself pant free in the afternoon.

skiboy
    Free Member

JAM29er,

we have quite a good humour culture here, i'm one of the senior managers here and annoucing i've gone commando in the middle of a meeting would not even raise an eyebrow,

My Md signs any Cad or solidworks models for french or swiss companies as TFT, they never ask why which is good as it stands for F-k the french, German companies get drawings and models signed A.English, no such person works here, debagging is 'de rigeur' here as is spraying people with Isopropanol while they have their backs to you..etc etc..childish yes, who cares.

glenh
    Free Member

Sounds like the sort of company I'd do business with. NOT.

freddyg
    Free Member

lobby_dosser – Member

I prefer bovril stains on my scants rather than my trews.

Don't you wipe your a*se then? Odd.

😆

woodsman
    Free Member

I agree it is quite liberating not wearing pants – I ought to do it more often!

stuartie_c
    Free Member

I live in terror of getting to work and discovering no trousers to change into. Particularly tricky when you have to teach all day…

Fear keeps me focused though.

… as TFT, they never ask why which is good as it stands for F-k the french

I think you'll find it stands for Thin Film Transistor.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

FTF Is **** the french is it not?

skiboy
    Free Member

racing _ralph well spotted,

very easy to make a mistake grammatically when your stood naked in front of a pc having iso poored between your butt cheeks, 🙄

glenh,
    we don't exactally do this in front of customers and since we work with some of the most important customers in the world with no leeway on
    anything, we find the good old british sense of humour helps us release our pent up fury………………. 😉

AlasdairMc

As Harry Hill used to say, you've gotta have a system.

Towel on the bottom, trousers on top, then boxers, shirt on top of that and socks in the collar space. Everything goes in the drybag, problem solved.

Although this admission now means I'll forget my stuff tomorrow…

brakes
    Free Member

I always recite the list of things I need to take with me on my commute before I leave the house so that I don't forget anything
    -> shoes, socks, pants, trousers, belt, shirt, toiletries, work pass, phones, keys, wallet
    I once forgot my shoes

tthew

Went to a meeting today, and didn't have enough room in my bag for a proper pair of shoes. Only colleages there, so just decided to wear my SPD's, one of the blokes assumed I was wearing disco slippers 'for the fashion'

maxray
    Free Member

After today those pants may just get left on the couch again.. 😀

Dibbs
    Free Member

I forgot my front door key on Monday, and had to climb in a window when I got home.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘eek no pants!’ is closed to new replies.