Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Editors’ Choice: The Best Bikes and Gear of 2023
  • singletrackmag
    Free Member

The Singletrack World team pick their product highlights from their riding year. Benji, Amanda, Hannah, Ross, Mark and Chipps pick the best.

By singletrackmag

Get the full story here:

https://singletrackworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/12/editors-choice-2023-the-best-bikes-and-gear/

footflaps

Big list of stuff!

monkeyboyjc

Been using garbaruk cassettes for about 4 years and my first one has only just worn out (only on the alloy rings). They are excellent 👌

Isn’t the pic of the sq labs saddle the wrong one – I seem to remember all the testers didn’t get on with it?

chipps

@monkeyboyjc – You mean the one that Benji reviewed recently? The one above is a similar saddle but different model (and, typically is currently out of stock as they had to recall the carbon rails on this model until they re-test them). I got on with it very well and it goes to show that saddles are very personal things. However, I did get my arse measured for it, so that may explain why I found it very comfortable.

Kramer
    Free Member

I’m a big fan of Pathfinder Pros too, I’ve got them on my commuter bike, they’ve been on for over a year and still going strong.

Apparently they’re a favourite of many of the gravel racers too.

jimmy

I love @Amandawishart ‘s description of why she likes the Flaremax. Its the same reason I still ride a Soul, but also felt the same way after test riding a couple of FS bikes, until sitting on a Flaremax. Can’t justify buying one for all I’d ride it, but if or when I plump for a FS that’ll be it.

bikesandboots

Been using garbaruk cassettes for about 4 years and my first one has only just worn out (only on the alloy rings). They are excellent 👌

Does anyone know if the alloy ring can be replaced separately? It looks bolted on with some small Torx.

bikesandboots

Oh and I think it’s the wrong picture for the Rab jacket, the ultra packable one doesn’t have pockets.

stwhannah

@bikesandboots good spot, swapped!

nickc

They are excellent 👌

Good to know, I’ve been Garbaruk-curious for a while, but chickened out and bought SRAM last time. Will give them a go when I next need a cassette

bikesandboots

Does anyone know if the alloy ring can be replaced separately? It looks bolted on with some small Torx.

I did something radical and asked the people that make them :) Yes, $50.

Maybe I’d use 3 alloy rings per 2 cassettes.

Been using garbaruk cassettes for about 4 years and my first one has only just worn out (only on the alloy rings)

@monkeyboyjc
    Might be of use for you.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.