Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • EcoBuild @ Excel centre
  • Stoner
    Free Member

Anyone from here going later? Anyone been today?
    I shall be heading along to get the last hour of the day, and then hanging around for a few more hours at a client do after the halls have closed to the public.

Since I wont have long there, any tips for must-sees?

molgrips
    Free Member

What is it? Lectures on how to build an eco house? I’d love to do that.

Stoner
    Free Member
    aP
    Free Member

From what I remember from last year there’ll be plenty of greenwash.
    Just too tedious to go to excel.

Stoner
    Free Member

it is a long hike over the other side of town, but I’ll stay with a friend tonight who lives out the poor side of the city.

Im only going to look at some tech. Not really bothered with the big eco hijackers.

TooTall
    Free Member

Stoner – I could do with a chat some time. Part of my work is heavily involved with solar (thermal and PV), energy storage and some wind stuff – quite a bit of it cutting edge too. I start a Masters in it this month as well – so would be interested in your view of some tech stuff I get to see as well.

I’m going to Sustainabilitylive 2011 at the NEC – if that is your bag.

Stoner
    Free Member

Im an enthusiastic amateur, not a very reliable source of info Im afraid 🙂

Although I have built a financial model for a combined heat and power generation biomass plant for a client recently.

feel free to PM me whenever you like.

molgrips
    Free Member

How much to build your own eco house I wonder?

nickhart
    Free Member

dead central for a national conference on green building!

Stoner
    Free Member

v little I reckon.

The other day some drinking buddies and I were in the pub and pricing up a straw house build. Single story, suspended straw insulated floor, green roof. Cheap as chips 😉

Its the off-grid tech that can cost a fortune, or you can go for the cheap, CAT style Heath Robinson approach but it’s never as nice to implement.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘EcoBuild @ Excel centre’ is closed to new replies.