Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Ebay sale downhill/freeride frame with mod that doesn't effect structure…?
  • rockhopper70
    rockhopper70

go on, comment as I might buy it to take to Morzine.

z1ppy

Well they never tended to make a lot of money in the 1st place 2nd hand, no idea why as there a solid frame & great performing bike, so doubtful it’ll go for much especially in that worn a condition.
    Though that does look like an early one (03 or earlier), as it has the under swinging arm cable mount, and not the thru swinging arm mount of the 04 and after models.
    So I be more interested to see the damage done to around the back of the seat tube above the BB, where the original cabling used to go, and rubbed the frame badly (hense the design change and warrenty change – cable rub is not a warrenteed! Barstewards!).

Mine has a good couple of groves as I didn’t do anything about it 😳 , well I put frame protectors there, but they just fell off. Though I doubt the frame will ever fold there (though I just run the rear mech cable directly now)..

Though as I say it a fricken solid frame (7lb frame without shock IIRC), just put mine back together as I have problem with my prophet (6lb with shock) . Very very thick tubing especially compared to the prophet, so doubt that the cable guide going to make ‘that’ much difference.

EDIT: You’d be able to pick up some bargain 1.5 steerer Lyric’s or Totem’s as go for bugger all too, to fit to it.. actually I my original 1.5 160mm step down Shermans (immaculate) would fit a treat, and doing me no good..

z1ppy

Just been out tonight on mine, the 140mm Rev’s I fitted might not be the optimum fork for it, but now I’ve had it together a week or two I’m flying down stuff quicker than on my prophet (all the bits got transfered).

I took mine to Morzine for a week, and it was fine, even climbed well enough with the sherman fitted when needed. Pity my DH skillz never matched the bikes potential, hense a two year retirement till lately.
    They evensold it in the model 1000 with a 130mm lefty, which I test rode and convinced me to buy it (though I lusted after it, just due to the look).
    Some-one did posted a piccy of a snapped swinging arm the other day, it must have taken a proper beating to do that!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Ebay sale downhill/freeride frame with mod that doesn't effect structure…?’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM