Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Ebay , had enough of there stupid rules .. anyone else
  • stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Just had a frame of mine pulled from Ebay , due there stupid rules !
    The fact that i said i wont accept paypal anymore due to there high fees and will only accept cash or cheque!!
    they say im breaking there rules by NOT accepting paypal !!
    WTF !! … time to bin the ebay account i think

igm

I gave up on ebay sometime ago

nickjb
    Free Member

Their ball, their rules. You'll probably get less than the final selling price minus fees if you sell elsewhere, though. You can always put 'prefer cash on collection'. If I'm collecting something I'll always go with cash on collection if possible.

zaskar
    Free Member

Never used ebay from everyone else having negative stories.

Doesn't paypal protect the buyer and seller from potential problems?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Doesn't paypal protect the buyer and seller from potential problems?

No, the buyer can get a refund regardless of what the seller tells paypal, its a well known scam.

I only ever buy stuff on ebay now, its just not worth the effort of selling stuff any more.

nickjb
    Free Member

I quite like paypal as a buyer. I can buy stuff with a few clicks, no need to type out name, card address, delivery address, card number, expiry date, etc… The charges do seem a little high, though.

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

I dont mind using paypal , thats ok .. quick and easy , but as im selling a frame , their cut of my sale is almost £40 !!
    in my mind thats alot of money ..
    Have put , cash preferred , but the annoying thing is you dont get the option NOT to have the paypal payment ..
    Its a win win situation for the robbing B******S

Coyote
    Free Member

As others have said, their ball… They charge that amount because they can, same as any other business.

highclimber
    Free Member

vote with your clicks! don't use them if you find them extortionate! I only use it buy things but I gave up using it to sell items.

igm

Coyote has it – vote with your feet, it's all you have in this case.

epicyclo

Surely it's anticompetitive behaviour for them to insist you accept PayPal only.

Isn't there a law about this?

IanMunro
    Free Member

They don't say that you only accept PayPal, they say Paypal must be one of the payment options you offer.

kaesae
    Free Member

Ebay is a total sh1temare.

It used to be cool a bit like the wild west at least you could have a go back. Now the whole thing is run from manilla and it just doesn't work.

I could go on all day about how sh1t it is but stumpy_m4 has it right!

There is no alternative to ebay, in the early days there where sites like ebay in germany and the UK and other countries. When ebay became big state side they bought up all the other franchises and so started the whole monopoly.

When you call them all they say is I don't want you to worry over and over! end of the day though I pay 10% fee's for my bearing kits and 4% to paypal. I think it's a complete rip off but I have no choice but to use ebay.

That 14% is added onto everything you buy remember that the next time something looks good, also remember the kinds of people who you're making rich. They will take that money and find loads of other ways to get at your cash.

Feebay sucks, yet again what could have been a valuable resource for our entire species, is just another feeding ground for complete and utter bankers.

Yes stumpy_m4 I have had enough of them and their fu king rules!!!!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Ebay , had enough of there stupid rules .. anyone else’ is closed to new replies.