Home Forums Bike Forum E-Thirteen Sidekick hubs

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • E-Thirteen Sidekick hubs
  • alan1977
    Free Member

just had an email from E-thirteen, anti pedal kickback hubs:

Sidekick Hubs & Wheels – ethirteen UK

looks like witchcraft

howdoo
    Free Member

I think Honerable George has been struck off E13’s Christmas card list now!

see pinkbike comments :)

nwgiles

sadly its more to go wrong

honourablegeorge

howdoo
    I think Honerable George has been struck off E13’s Christmas card list now!

LOL. I didn’t mean to be harsh, but back in the day when lots of YTs came with E13 hubs,  a few of my mates had issues with them, I did freehub rebuilds on a few sets, and definitely formed the opinion that their hubs were not suited for outdoor use.

I owned a set of their cranks also, never had a BB fail so fast. Not a brand I’d be a fan of.

chiefgrooveguru

It’s such a clever idea I just hope E13 don’t make it as unreliable as I’ve heard their hubs normally are!

The O-Chain clearly works well or you wouldn’t see it on so many pro race bikes and if this hub does similar without needing elastomers etc replacing regularly it’ll be so good. Pinkbike pointed out that it could replace an idler on higher pivot bikes (although you’d get a lot of pedalling kickback but remove coasting kickback). With mid-high pivots that could be a great combination.

pothead
    Free Member

LOL. I didn’t mean to be harsh, but back in the day when lots of YTs came with E13 hubs, a few of my mates had issues with them, I did freehub rebuilds on a few sets, and definitely formed the opinion that their hubs were not suited for outdoor use.

Personally I was expecting issues from the E Thirteen wheels and cranks that came on a Jeffsy I bought in 2019. The BB (30mm pf41)  was absolutely hopeless and I eventually replaced the front hub with a Hope Pro5, surprisingly the rear hub is still working fine after nearly 5 years and 1 set of bearings and the cranks haven’t snapped like many people said they would. I doubt I’d buy them as an  upgrade but I’d have no issues buying a bike with them fitted. Pretty sure the vid I saw last week was of a totally silent rear hub, which is the total opposite of my rear

pothead
    Free Member

Pretty sure the vid I saw last week was of a totally silent rear hub, which is the total opposite of my rear

Not silent hubs after all, must’ve had sound off on my phone when I watched it

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.