Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • Dying your hair
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

That's the only close-up pic of me that I like, well done!

You're a challenge to photograph because you hate it (And there's no need for you to BTW!) and I'm rather proud of that shot as a result. Very natural.

The amount of pics of you riding I've deleted because as soon as you see the camera you look at the floor and hide, is astonishing…!

MF – Same person? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😉
    I wish I had some old pics of me, but they are VERY VERY rare and the only one I do know of is waaaaaay too bad to post here!

mark.laird
    Free Member

DO NOT DO IT

I recently tried getting away with it
    Was originally very dark black haired in my younger years
    Totally grey now @ 42

Went for a dark brown first of (Just for Men) – turned out Ok-Ish but really better of just leaving it Grey
    Anyways tried a Black last week – OMG Leslie Crowther aint got nothing on me – Wife and Kids pooood themselves laughing – Can't blame um

Next morning Put and wooly hat on my head and visited Argos for some Shears
    Needless to say I am now Bold – Looks pretty good if I do say so myself
    😳

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

PMSL! @ Mark. Thanks for sharing. 🙂

That's what I mean, see! Nobody laughs at someone growing old gracefully. Try and cover it up and it all goes wrong! 🙂

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

You guys are saying that you can't cope with the pi$$taking. Not a very good reason IMHO.

But the mates take the piss because it looks stupid and the OP knows he would rip shreds out of his mates if they did it too.

miaowing_kat
    Free Member

girly input: don't do it. get a good haircut instead

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Good call kat.

miketually
    Free Member

Everyone will know you've dyed it. Everyone.

Just like everyone knows when someone is wearing a wig or combing over.

MrsToast
    Free Member

Would you change yourself just for your other halfs benefit?

A lot of women do – they think that to be attractive to their partner, they've got to keep their weight down, keep the makeup on, and keep their hair grey free. That said, I was mortified when I started finding the odd grey hair last year and immediately cracked out the dye – Mr Toast thought I was overreacting.

If the OP is the sort of chap who wouldn't dream of telling his missus that she needs to lose a few pounds, or asking her to make a bit more effort with her appearance, and he's happy with grey hair, then he should tell her to bugger off!

If he's the sort that would pass judgement on his missus' appearance, then he should Just for MenTFU! Fair's fair!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Good points Mrs Toast but I do wonder how many women want to keep their weight down/make-up on so they are attractive to their partner and how many are doing it for themselves? But I am of the 'never tell my wife to change something about herself' camp.

miketually
    Free Member

I thought women wore make up and perfume because they're ugly and they smell?

*runs*

MrsToast
    Free Member

I thought women wore make up and perfume because they're ugly and they smell?

*runs*

D'oh, busted!

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Don't do it!
    Grey hair, wrinkles…love it all!
    Men with dyed hair have a kind off unnatural glow about their head that you can spot at 100yds!

john_drummer
    Free Member

As said before, don't do it unless you're a goth. I was, once, and it was expected then.
    I'm now 44 and 80% grey, and dying it would be sooooo obvious. Besides, think of the upkeep on the roots!

And apart from that, who wants to look like the oldest swinger in town? Think Stringfellow if he was skint

iDave
    Free Member

I'm all grey, 43, couldn't give a shit and neither do women, and any that might do can go whistle

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Why dont you get STW to put it to the vote on their poll section!

waynekerr
    Free Member

Ok, you convinced me, I'm going to stay grey.

What about botox then? 8)

thomthumb
    Free Member

my grandad went from jet black – clearly dyed to a blue rinse!!! 😯

neither were good looks – particually growing out.

or you could use just for men – like my mate does on his tash to make it less ginge. he's 24!!

just avoid it. grow old gracefully.

woody2000

Waynekerr – 2 words – DAVID GEST.

That should be all it takes to convince you it's a bad idea, both on the dyed hair AND botox front! 😀

cinnamon_girl

Guys – I have a gorgeous-looking bike so feel I have to compete 🙄

OK, truth be told here. Got my first grey at 18 years old – hereditary cos I can only ever remember my mother having grey hair and looking OLD. Not for me 😯

So my hair is a different colour and it makes me feel good about myself, same as botox, boob job, brazilian waxing, liposuction

DrJ

So my hair is a different colour and it makes me feel good about myself, same as botox, brazilian waxing, boob job, liposuction.

No good without …

atlaz
    Free Member

My wife is more concerned about the beer belly and whether I have a haircut than what colour my hair with. When it comes to her, as long as she's happy with how she looks, I couldn't be happier. If it comes to her telling me she won't find me attractive unless I dye my hair, then I'd be surprised as that's not the attitude of the person I married and I think we'd have more serious things to discuss than just my grey.

And yes, my mates would ripe the piss out of me if I did dye my hair, as would my colleagues and family, mostly because, again, it's not in my personality to do something like that and they'd wonder what the hell had happened to me.

CG – If you're happiest with colouring your hair that's all good. However what happened if a bloke you met wanted you to let it grow out as he didn't like that look? 🙂

cinnamon_girl

atlaz – I have looked this way for the last few decades! FWIW the ex cinnamon_boy was quite happy with me taking pride in my appearance 😉

BigDummy
    Free Member

They say you are as young as you feel. If you're looking in the mirror and seeing a chap with grey hair and that's making you feel old then it's making you old and it might conceivably be worth doing something about it. I think it's possible to start dyeing it subtly and work up so that there is no sudden change of colour that invites piss-taking.

Mind, I have had this with a receding hairline and belly-fat, not with greys… 🙂

cinnamon_girl

It's about trusting the hairdresser/barber.

Hurrah, BigDummy gets it 😆

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Hair dye won't solve receding hairline or beer belly issues. 😉

atlaz
    Free Member

Aha, but that wasn't the question really… What if new Mr CG decided "Hang on, I think the silver will look really elegant and regal, I WANT SILVER HAIR"?

Would you STOP dying your hair to make him happy or keep it dyed to keep you happy?

nicko74

"Daddy, it's time…"

I wouldn't, I reckon, but then I have the worst to come. At least not on your head, anyway…

cinnamon_girl

Elegant? Nothing elegant about me!! I'm a strong-minded woman and if I'm happy, he'll be happy too 😀

atlaz
    Free Member

Bingo! We have a winner. So, to the OP, CG agrees that you do what makes YOU happy and your other half should just be happy that you're happy.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

jojoA1 – Member

Silver foxes are…. well,… kinda foxy.

Dang – and there is me with a full head of dark hair 🙁 despite being a fair bit senior to Jojo

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Oh – the answer to the OP – don't do it!

sherry
    Free Member

I have LOTS of grey hair and I'm 35! Would never consider dying it and never have. One of my mates is the same age with a 28 year old wife who is asking him to dye it, he's started to do it gradually but its still very noticeable. He's trying to talk me into it as well now to deflect some of the p1ss taking I think. Surely it would need to be dyed every 2 weeks! What happens when you go on holiday for 3 weeks? Now that would look ridiculous, dark hair with grey roots on a man! Its not for me but each to there own (sniggers).

BigDummy
    Free Member

Dark hair with grey roots is indeed outstandingly silly. My father-in-law was dying his for years, jet black and has suddenly decided to give up. 🙂

cinnamon_girl

Some matters can be compromised, some can't 😀

Did I mention I am a strong-minded woman?

satsoma
    Free Member

Grey hair is very very sexy 😀

Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘Dying your hair’ is closed to new replies.