Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Dyfi ok for non entered partner to cycle the climb @ the beginning?
  • postierich
    Free Member

Persuaded the other half to come this weekend as the weather looks nice.
    Gf will be kicking her heels for 5 hours on Sunday so will it be ok for her to ride the fireroad climb with the trailer so she can give me/you support and beer?

Any other riders with bike widows for the afternoon?

s8tannorm
    Free Member

Usual to have marshals at the start of the forest/climb turning back those without a race number … might swing it with a trailer though.

postierich
    Free Member

She will be getting there before the race sets off so she is not in the way.

s8tannorm
    Free Member

The cheer leaders will no doubt be at the top of the climb and a band half way up so she’ll have company. 😀

shinsplints

I know its not quite the same thing Rich but the Dyfi “rules” info on their website mentions this.I’m not suggesting that yer mrs is under 16 either ! but it shows they take things seriously.

What about under 16’s? – We have safety obligations to our insurers, and Forest Enterprise, this means that under16’s can not take part in the event. That includes riding ‘unofficially’ with a parent but without a number.

neilb67
    Free Member

So will Imogen be in the trailer or will it be full of beer instead….? 😆

STATO
    Free Member

5. The forest is open to other users at all times, be prepared to meet foot, horse, or vehicle traffic at any time.

So essentially you could be on any bits that are in the forest, tho prob not anything that is private land.

BigDummy
    Free Member

And on Tuesday there will be a thread about people who get in the way on the fire-road climb, and why oh why oh why is it allowed? 😉

postierich
    Free Member

Looking @ a six pack in the trailer, as long as I get one chilled beer @ the top of the climb anyone else that wants one help yourself.

I take it the fireroad climb is private land then.

(GF and little un will not be taking part they just want to do the climb and support!)

Anyone got a map of the start of the climb and does the Sustrans route lead there.

neilb67
    Free Member

postierich – Member

anyone else that wants one help yourself.

Did u fit your bearings in ok..? 🙂

roach

Google Earth had a Dyfi Enduro route when I searched yesterday.

postierich
    Free Member

Neil bearings slotted in fine,had a bit of trouble with my mavic ones though but sorted now

s8tannorm
    Free Member

Sustrans 8 will pretty much take you to the start of the climb… turn right off the A487 onto the B4404 and take the first left just after the bridge.

fbk
    Free Member

The climach-x route goes up that way (fire road and avoidable singletrack climb) and I think you can get to the top of the climb from there via a fire road short cut. Have a look on a 1:25,000 map or I can probably send you the Memory Map image of round there if it helps.

postierich
    Free Member

fbk that would help,will be doing the climach-x trail on Saturday so I can make sure she is going the right way Sunday morning.

Rich

sofaking
    Free Member

Rich
    Jacky will be hanging around for most of the day with the hound.
    and we are camping sunday night too

s8tannorm
    Free Member

The top of the first climb should bring you out at the start of the climachX final descent… there is a newish bridleway been put in (for people wanting not the ride the climachX descent) at this point but I can’t tell you where to pick it up at the bottom as I’ve not ridden it.

postierich
    Free Member

Matt will look out for you when we arrive @ campsite on Saturday afternoon 2 ish.

fbk
    Free Member

Rich – I’ll try and send you a map with the climach-x and Dyfi routes on when I get back this evening

Neil

fbk
    Free Member

Ah, no email in your profile. Mine is so if you want the map, drop me an email.

I can’t find the 1:25,000 maps at the mo but I can send you a 1:50,000 with the 2 tracks on.

postierich
    Free Member

richard.munro2@ntlworld.com 🙂

singlespeedstu

s8tannorm – Member

The top of the first climb should bring you out at the start of the climachX final descent… there is a newish bridleway been put in (for people wanting not the ride the climachX descent) at this point but I can’t tell you where to pick it up at the bottom as I’ve not ridden it.

I wouldn’t want to ride up that towing a trailer with beer and a small child in. It looks quite steep in places.

Best off just going up the main fire road.

fbk
    Free Member

Rich – ygm. Hope you haven’t left yet 🙂

postierich
    Free Member

Fbk cheers for the email see you on camp or on the trail Airborne ss Mavericks up front.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Dyfi ok for non entered partner to cycle the climb @ the beginning?’ is closed to new replies.