Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • dyfi enduro – winter warm-up
  • muffs11
    Free Member

Just like to say a big thank-you to Tegid and Joe for putting on another cracking ‘event’, oh ye and I must congratulate one of the local yokels who goes by the name of ‘the general’ for organising the car parking!!

tollah
    Free Member

Yup, had a great day out in the Welsh countryside. Thanks to all involved in putting this on.

I must say I think there’s been an outbreak of Mincellitus on most of the descents though 😉

sofaking
    Free Member

I must say I think there’s been an outbreak of Mincellitus on most of the descents though

poeple were probably freaked out by the unusual amount of attention in the air

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

It was class. Great weather, no mud and as ever, great descents. The last descent through the woods was getting pretty slippy on the third lap though, saw one bloke go flying down there. Good to see rally man Gwyndaf Evans there, and CRC World Cup downhill star Matt Simmonds did four laps.

singlespeedstu

As said above a great event.

We need more nice low key relaxed event like this.

Fantastic course, great weather, well organised and a sensible entry fee.

I too had a “large moment” on the last descent. 😆

shinsplints

There is a chance that the person having a moment on the last descent may also have been me… 🙂 It was getting particuarly crisp & frosty down there by the 3rd lap.
    What Stu said about the course & low key vibe.
    BTW Stu you & Tollah looked pretty funny spinning down the road section out of Corris. I would have said hi but I was too busy swooning.

Surfr
    Free Member

Great day out in the Dyfi forest. Trails were running really well and the weather looked kindly on us all, albeit a little chilly on the first couple of miles down the road. Brrrrr. Thanks to everyone who played a part. Hope a good amount was raised for the Ian Pryce Memorial Fund, whatever that’s for.

Can I just echo the wish that this be continued next year and thereafter if at all possible?

singlespeedstu

shinsplints.

I thought I was going to unscrew my legs at one point I was spinning so fast. 😆

shinsplints

LOL yeah it was amusing. I wasn’t far off the Hamster Stylee though as the 8th speed on my Alfine on any road section which is slightly downhill is like pedalling with no chain on 🙂
    As you rode by I did point out your bike (after recognising it from off of here) to my mate who LOL’d at the ‘Ego Chariot’ decals. Guess they did their job then 🙂

tollah
    Free Member

Lol, Ego Chariots are the bikes to be seen on!

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Great event, really hope they run it again last year.

Nice loop with managable climbs and descents that made them worth the effort. Last descent was fantastic!

I also had a “moment” but it was at the top of the last descent and ended up in the big icy puddle. It was cold.

Taff
    Free Member

Wasn’t there myself but my brother in law loved it and came in 8th or 9th. He told me he had a couple of offs one of which he went head first into hedge and was stuck with his legs in the air!

dti

anyone know who was taking the photos?

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Uploaded the stats for anyone interested to my Garmin Connect account, here

justal
    Free Member

Here’s my race-report and Go-Pro HD video of me mincing my way down the descents yesterday! How slippery was it by the 3rd lap!

Dyfi Winter Warm Up Video

Great day, seems as though everyone enjoyed.
    Al.

mickasaki
    Free Member

Agree that it was a great day out! even my suffolk legs enjoyed it (along with 3 more days riding too!) Great descents with plenty of human bollards scattered down them! never seen so many crashes in one day! Taff – where did he find the results? I cant! Or are they on facebook? (if they are, i’ll never know how i did, as i’m never going on there!)

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘dyfi enduro – winter warm-up’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM