• This topic has 19 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Rich.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • DVD ripping, anyone care to recommend some free software?
  • Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

Anyone downloaded a product that works?

Thank you,

BB

Smuzzy
    Free Member

PC or MAC?

Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

PC

BB

davy-g
    Free Member

DVD Shrink…is FREE,, just Google it.. 😉

fubar
    Free Member
    simon1975

DVDfab works for me

grievoustim
    Free Member

anyone know if DVDs can be copy protected against things like handbrake?

tried to rip "Moon" last night (ace film BTW), and handbrake kept getting stuck o.5% into the encoding process. wondering if there is some issue with the disc (no problem playing it on laptop or DVD player) – or if the industry have got a way to stop people doing it?

petrieboy

DVDFab here – never found a disc it couldn't handle. removes all the trailers and menu options allowing media player to get stuck into the film without interruption.

BeveledEdge
    Free Member

Handbrake can't actually rip copy protected dvds any more, IIRC. Use DVD Decrypter to rip them, then convert to h.264/whatever with hand brake.

fubar
    Free Member

sorry – handbrake on windows doesn't decrypt as said above you need decrypter…here

grievoustim
    Free Member

I have VLC – which I think works with handbrake to take care of the decrypting bit

hsia12210
    Free Member

Free DVD Ripper, I think Handbrake and Winx DVD Ripper are not bad to use,
    but the fuctions isn't full! I use the shareware called Pavtube DVD Ripper, worked fine for me, you can google it if you want get it!

Good Luck!

jon1973
    Free Member

I use DVD decrypter and DVD Shrink, but have recently had problems with i/o errors. I read that the manufacturers deliberately put hundreds of bad sectors on the disc to prevent you from backing them up. You can get them to ignore i/o errors but it seems to massively increase the time taken to rip a DVD. Anyone else experienced this?

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

jon1973- This does seem to be more common. The easiest / quickest fix I've found is RipIt4Me which is a collection of free tools (inc dvd shrink & decrypter) and some other goodies that get rid of the errors before decrypter does it's stuff. It's got a wizard mode that's easy to use.

jon1973
    Free Member

Thanks couldashouldawoulda, I'll take a look at that.

disco_stu
    Free Member

ripit4me ( and all the other freeware rippers – dvd shrink, dvd decryptor ) haven't been updated for the past few years so it struggles with some of the newer copy protection schemes on dvd's

jon1973
    Free Member

and all the other freeware rippers..struggle with some of the newer copy protection schemes

Is there any pay-software out there that does the job then?

disco_stu
    Free Member

the only one i've used has been anydvd, you can download it and use the full version for 21 days to try it out

AndyRT
    Free Member

Handbrake and vlc together is fantastic.

Rich
    Free Member

ImgBurn usually works for me, I think it replaces DVD Decrypter.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘DVD ripping, anyone care to recommend some free software?’ is closed to new replies.