Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • DU bushing tool recommendations?
  • chakaping
    Free Member

I can fit and remove shock hardware with my vice*, but not the DU bushings.

Looking at a tool for £10 on Offset Bushings website, anyone tried that? Any other recommendations?

* originally typed this as “voice”, which would be quite a talent

spacehopper

I have one of the cheapy (though they seem to have increased in price since i bought mine a good few years ago..) ones from Ebay..

works perfectly well.. You just need to make sure you arent cack handed with the spanners at the end of the tool that isnt a bolt, because it is made from aluminium..

nickjb
    Free Member

I’ve got a cheapy ebay special like spacehopper above. Works fine. Can easily do it on the bike or on the bench. Like this: ebay

chakaping
    Free Member

Thanks fellas.

skybluestu
    Free Member

The offset bushings one works great and only £10 if I remember?

Junkyard
    Free Member

also got a cheap ebay jobby i have been using for about 8 years and still going fine.

You can borrow it if you want.

longmover
    Free Member

Offset bushings one here, works fine and does the job with minimal fuss

Northwind

The mowicu one linked there is really good- maybe i’m biased, it’s made and sold by MC of this parish who is a mate of mine, but I did pay for it 😉 And he puts a lot back into riding and all that jazz- trailbuilding and race timing so there’s that too.

chakaping
    Free Member

Got the ebay one recommended, seems a nice little tool and the seller kindly threw in a couple of extra bushings.

As well as a little note of explanation…

Northwind

Pssh, nobody’s got that much time

chakaping
    Free Member

Just to add – tool works great, thanks mc.

🙂

daern
    Free Member

I have the tftuned one and it’s really good (fit with a vice) but doesn’t seem to be on their website any more. Looks like this:

Was a little more expensive (£25) but it’s a quality thing and I’ve used it a few times since, so consider it well worth it.

brian2510
    Free Member

Excellent just what I’m after, I will be ordering one of they eBay ones.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘DU bushing tool recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.