Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)
  • Dropper seatposts – KS Lev or Fox DOSS????
  • faceplanter99
    Free Member

Looking at getting a dropper seatpost and wonder if anyone would recommend the Lev or the DOSS posts. They both seem to have their pros and cons.
    Anyone got experience with either? Which would you go for and why?

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

Surely if you’re spending that much you should just get a Reverb? Unless you want the cable run of the Lev? DOSS has no advantage over the Reverb, Lev has cable routing over the Reverb.

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

I’d need a pretty good reason to get anything other than a Reverb, because they actually work and can be had at a sensible price…

Onzadog
    Free Member

27.2 might be a reason.

sam_underhill

I can recommend the lev. Tidy installation with the cable routing and no loop when dropped. Super smooth in operation. Really pleased with it. Just under £250 from wiggle by the time I’d applied discounts and cash back.

faceplanter99
    Free Member

I like the routing and the control lever on the Lev, keeps it well neat. Just wonder if build quality is as good?
    I’ve dealt with Mojo/Fox before and they are great. I’ve found Fox gear really good/well made.
    I’ll check out the Reverb too.

faceplanter99
    Free Member

Need 31.6mm.
    Found Lev for £299 and Doss at £330

qwackers
    Free Member

I have a KS i900 31.6 lever new, 2yr warranty, if that’s any good, £140 posted.

phil56

Fortunateson09 – Member

I’d need a pretty good reason to get anything other than a Reverb

I have a Reverb and am pleased with it generally, but IMO there are 2 very good reasons to consider the Lev.

One is the location of the cable that connects to the static collar which massively improves the routing as well as improving the vulnerability in a crash, the second is the cable actuation rather than hydraulic which is so much easier to maintain or fix.

I have only used the Lev for a week so far, but so far it seems as good as the Reverb

nasher
    Free Member

Reverb anyday, but the tidy cable routing of the KS is great..

As for the Fox unit its 3 years out of date and more expensive..

I have had a reverb for 2 years without issue (i am a mtb guide so is used a lot) it only now needs a service..

Northwind

As ever with droppers it makes sense to wait until the post’s been well tested in the wild- KS have a track record of doing their beta testing with paying customers 😉 Once that was out of the way they’ve done great posts but it might be we’re back to square one with the Lev.

The Reverb’s not a better post than the i950 IMO, they’re both very good. Remains to be seen if the Lev is progress.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I bought a Reverb after a lengthy thread on the topic here recently.

I was very, very impressed with it on first outing at CYB. The remote is excellent and I found myself using it far more than I expected. Trails like R74, for example, where there’s a mix of fast, droppy, twisty and a little climby – Superb to have the remote there.

So, unless there’s any specific reason not to buy a Reverb – Buy a Reverb.

JoeG
    Free Member

I have a Lev and am pleased with it; no experience with the DOSS. I prefer the fixed cable routing on the Lev, and the Fox design of the DOSS with the top mounted cable is a drawback IMO.

warpcow
    Free Member

Lev can be had for about £220 from Germany. That’d be where my money went if I was willing to risk a new product that isn’t exactly renowned for its reliability. There really does seem to be nothing to recommend the DOSS apart from the Fox name, if that’s your kinda thing. I’m too much of a wuss though, and am awaiting my new Gravity Dropper’s arrival in a couple of hours.

hunta

I bought a Lev recently, haven’t had the chance to fit it yet but it seems extremely well made. The static cable routing and no hydraulics to maintain were huge plus points for me – definitely the way to go. I’m sure it’ll become the standard soon enough.

wrecker
    Free Member

Yep. LEV or Reverb. See no point in buying the fox whatsoever.

honourablegeorge

Northwind – Member

The Reverb’s not a better post than the i950 IMO, they’re both very good. Remains to be seen if the Lev is progress.

I’d say there’s little to choose between the posts, but the Reverb remote is much better, both ergonomically and in terms of the action and reliability.

FuzzyWuzzy

I went with the Lev, didn’t want hydraulic and the cabling/remote of the Lev is much neater than the Reverb. If the loopy cable doesn’t bother you (or your frame allows for a stealth version) then hard to argue against the Reverb given the price

Slogo
    Free Member

Awhat about the crank brothers kronolog?

I’m also looking at buying a post 30.9 less than 400 mm too

Slogo
    Free Member

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I’m going to be in the position where I’ll be shopping for a new dropper post in the next couple of weeks. Whats stopping me from getting a £200 Reverb from Germany? Is the Lev / DOSS / CB etc worth looking at?

honourablegeorge

Slogo – Member

I posted some stuff on the Kronolog, see link below. In short, “No”.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/reverb-or-kronolog/page/2

flange
    Free Member

What a surprise, more utter tosh from CB.

How the hell they’re still in business baffles the hell out of me.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

OK, so CB is out!

Reverb or KS Lev I think…

vixalot
    Free Member

I am looking at the KS Lev too, just need to find out the some measurements ie the minimum insert line (if it will go far enough into my stumpjumper)

phil56

the minimum insert line on the Lev is 120mm from the bottom of the post – hope that helps.

higgo
    Free Member

What a surprise, more utter tosh from CB.

How the hell they’re still in business baffles the hell out of me.
    Their stuff always looks nice, at least.

vixalot
    Free Member

Thanks phil56 I have just measured how far the seat post drops its 150mm,I may have to spend lots of money soon.
    Any good prices out there at the moment (wiggle) I noticed some of you are getting these from Germany (where) is it ok warranty etc.
    Vic

faceplanter99
    Free Member

Ok, decision made, cash has been parted with. I have just ordered the KS Lev mainly due to the neat cable routing and I like the control lever as I have Odi grips, keeps it all tidy and finally a lot of recommendations. I was tempted with the reverb but the Lev is that bit neater. I was going to order from Germany £210 but outta stock today. Wiggle got stock in and I paid a bit more but I feel better getting it from this country, rather support our economy than theirs! Better for warranty if anything goes wrong too!
    Thanks for all advice, much appreciated and I’ll let you know how I get on with it.

Cheers

hunta

Congrats, faceplanter, think you won’t regret it. I installed mine this evening and I’m impressed so far. I noted a few installation points in another post, sure it’ll come up in a search easy enough. Nothing out of the ordinary but might make things go more smoothly, you never know.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

got the doss had the reverb

lots of fannying about with the reverb getting the right height, none of that with the doss

think about it

why do you need infinite adjustment?

highest for xc/climbing
    drop a bit for the downs
    all the way for stuffing the saddle between your knees and descending

doss

faceplanter99
    Free Member

Just checked out KS installation vid (yip, bit sad but I love tinkering on with my bike!), well helpful, many tips I’d have probably overlooked. I was pleased to see they had a vid on servicing the post too (more tinkering – garage, tools n grease, a mans sanctuary!!)

JoeG
    Free Member

Those KS Lev videos are new. I was on there a week or two ago and the links to the videos weren’t set up yet.

juan
    Free Member

Gravity Dropper…
    Damn next time I’ll red the entire thread before posting…
    I still don’t get that people would buy stuff abroad.

warpcow
    Free Member

dirtyrider – Member
    got the doss had the reverb

lots of fannying about with the reverb getting the right height, none of that with the doss

think about it

highest for xc/climbing
    drop a bit for the downs
    all the way for stuffing the saddle between your knees and descending

doss

juan – Member
    Gravity Dropper…

😉

Northwind

dirtyrider – Member

think about it

You don’t need it… But I’ve got both preset and infinate adjustement posts and the infinate adjustment one does absolutely everything the other one can, plus a bit more, I don’t see any downside. Not to mention that if the preset one’s presets don’t suit you then they’re useless.

MarkN
    Free Member

Good call on those KS videos. They are in the Support section but not linked from the product page. The manual is in there as well. The inners of the post look to be good and suggest trouble free operation..

For ref:
    Lev Install Video

Lev Service Video

Lev Manual

james239
    Free Member

Were do people get the KS Lev from other than UK (Germany seems popular)?

Being about 6 foot 5 and riding a 22 inch frame I think I’ll need the biggest post they do (420mm with 150mm drop I think) but apparently that one isn’t available in the UK. Hoping it’s available in Europe to get shipped over here – anyone got a link?

Pridds

150mm drop 435 not in stock yet but available here
    http://www.actionsports.de/gb/Components/SeatpostsClamps/Kind-Shock-LEV-Vario-Sattelstuetze::49340.html

philstone

I asked the distributor a few weeks ago about the 150 a- it’ll be available mid August but there’s already a waiting list. The 27.2 will be available a few weeks after that so September..

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Dropper seatposts – KS Lev or Fox DOSS????’ is closed to new replies.