Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Dropper seatpost – which one.
  • michaelmcc
    Free Member

Hey I want to get myself a dropper post (not necessarily made by dropper), for endurance racing but mainly Iron Bike I have coming up, so durability would be the key thing I’d be looking for, and preferably not a bonkers price.

A one word reply will do and I’ll count the votes.

Thanks chaps!!

creamegg
    Free Member

Reverb. Good deals about now and again

haggis1978

Reverb

carlos
    Free Member

Reverb

davewalsh
    Free Member

Reverb

Simon

Gravity Dropper

robhughes
    Free Member

KS i950.

Rosss
    Free Member

Reverb

valleydaddy
    Free Member

Reverb

trevron73
    Free Member

I hate to say it but my kronolog has bitten the dust after 6 months ,so has the freewheel on my cobalt wheels – my bike is dripping with the ticking time bomb of Crank brothers – i saw the comments and fell in to the hype and gloss – now i am riding a 17 year old bike in next weeks sportive hmm should of listen???? great products but 6 month shelf life – i would go reverb under the bar release ?
    i just got mallet pedals fingers crossed ???

JoeG
    Free Member

Lev

beanieripper
    Free Member

anything that isn’t crank bros? I mean anything..

Northwind

Usually I’d say KS, I honestly reckon they have the Reverb beat… But with the new distributor not yet in place it’s not ideal, Reverb probably makes more sense temporarily.

PapaWheelie
    Free Member

NOT KS i950!!
    OK, maybe I got a lemon, but damn, I wish I would have spent twice what I did and got *anything* else.
    That said, if you do decide to go with KS, have a got a deal for you!
    Low milage, seldom used . . .
    😛

toys19
    Free Member

LEV

mikewsmith
    Free Member

beanieripper – Member

going strong with new mallets, just doing a bearing change but that’s 5mins. New ones are better than the old ones which worked really well for me.
    Kronlog looked like a stupid idea.
    maybe about to go Lev

jambon
    Free Member

LEV here, very good, well made, great cable tidiness and 6″ of uppi-downi-ness. What’s not to like. BikediscountDOTde do them at a good price.

dibboid
    Free Member

Ks dropzone/i950

batfink
    Free Member

reverb

mindmap3
    Free Member

Been really happy with my Reverb so far. Bought it cheap from Wiggle and it was easy to install, easy to shorten the hose, easy to bleed, very in action and not much play in it. I like the ergonomics of the lever too especially when run under the bar out of the way. I run a 1×10 set up so I use a right hand lever under the left side of my bars where it is mostly out of harm’s way.

My only complaint would be that spares are expensive.

I have used a Lev on a demo bike and it was pretty good. I didn’t like the lever being integrated with the grip though because it felt too close to my thumb to use comfortably. Nice idea though. It also had slightly more Olay in it than my Reverb and I didn’t think that the action was quite as smooth. My big issue with the KS posts is tveacj of UK distributor. No dropper post is immune to failing so I felt happier having UK support than having to ship it off to Europe somewhere.

Northwind

mindmap3 – Member

I didn’t like the lever being integrated with the grip though because it felt too close to my thumb to use comfortably

Yep, I find the same, but the lever can be fitted seperately if you prefer

michaelmcc
    Free Member

It looks like the Reverb is winning.

godzilla
    Free Member

Lev or Reverb, anyone seen any deals on either in 30.9?

robinlaidlaw
    Free Member

Reverb

ndg
    Free Member

LEV

honourablegeorge

Northwind – Member
    mindmap3 – Member

Yep, I find the same, but the lever can be fitted seperately if you prefer

Whatever way you fit it, the KS lever is a bit crap. Reverb one under hte bar is far better

ocrider

I’ve had a Joplin 4 for over 18 months now and it has been fine. I must addd that it does not have a handlebar remote, which seems to be the source of some of its problems and the primary reason for buying that particular model was the sale price.

Wouldn’t touch a Kronolog with the mechanical clincher though.

tomhoward

Reverb

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Lev here, very pleased.

Northwind

honourablegeorge – Member

Whatever way you fit it, the KS lever is a bit crap. Reverb one under hte bar is far better

I get on pretty well with it tbh. Reverb one is a little nicer to use, but seems to lose out big style on durability, and the parts are crazily expensive.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Dropper seatpost – which one.’ is closed to new replies.