Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)
  • Drop handlebars – How much time spent below the hoods?
  • Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Don’t want to.

aracer
    Free Member

I just can’t get on with drop bars don’t have a clue what I’m doing on a road bike

FTFY

fasthaggis

Whatever works 😉

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

don’t have a clue what I’m doing on a road bike

Maybe I don’t. Maybe I just enjoy riding me bike without worrying what insecure wannabes on tinternet think…

MrSmith
    Free Member

are drops only for bedwetters?

billyboy
    Free Member

none

Might even sell the thing…they are bloody dangerous machines which are only good for going fast on flat terrain

brakes
    Free Member

as a mountain biker 🙂 I’m used to a mountain bike posture* I find riding on the drops is only really helpful in a headwind, at any other time I find I can’t generate as much power as I can on the hoods and my legs get tireder quicker. I understand that this might be because I’m not used to the posture, but I’m not going to get used to the posture so why worry about it? I spend an hour a day on a road bike, but all of that is riding in traffic which you can’t do on the drops.

*sat on the sofa

when riding roubaix/flanders cobbles i use drops all the time

yeah, me too…

oldgit
    Free Member

A fair bit. When getting a chaingang going, riding into the wind, non techy sections during road and cross races and going over the line.

I use the centre of my bars a fair bit.

edhornby

get the positioning on the bike right and you find a lot of time for the drops – shape of the bars helps (for example the deda bars on the hire bikes at the velodrome are by far the worst bars I have ever put my hands on, just ugh)

one thing is to get your bum on the back of the seat especially when descending, it helps with the positioning

the other important thing is to relax, if you are tense then your shoulders will hurt and you’ll end up with a stiff back and you won’t enjoy it

drofluf
    Free Member

Never used to so took the drops off and switched to bullhorns. A couple of months back and a stone lighter I put drops back on and spend most of he time there. Faster, more comfortable and better braking.

emanuel
    Free Member

core’s important.and flexibility.
    neither of those are going to come about by themselves.

Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)

The topic ‘Drop handlebars – How much time spent below the hoods?’ is closed to new replies.