Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Drivetrain refresh- cheapest bundle/etc places currently?
  • hora
    Free Member

Need
    – a new cassette
    – Chain
    -Granny ring

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Use the Internet? I’d start by using Ebay and Google. It’s not difficult if you know what you want.

flange
    Free Member

I’ve got about a million (well, at least three) unused granny rings you can have. As much as it pains me to type it, Merlin are probably the best for chain and cassette.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

10 spd? 5 spd?

How longs a piece of string?

Do you spend your life in the granny (oo er) most people wear out the middle ring first…

I’ve just bought a KMX X10 L chain from Parker Int which was the cheapest I could find.

hora
    Free Member

Flange- 4 bolt? Ones without the extended tabs (no idea how to describe them) that don’t fit my hollowtech cup?

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Extended tabs + hacksaw = solution.

mrmo
    Free Member

stop using the granny ring, so you only need a new cassette and a new chain then, see that saves you some money.

Rose were quite good when i last looked.

will
    Free Member

You can have my granny ring, CRC have some cheap 11:32 cassettes in a present, about £17. Think CRC have a cheap chain in as well.

Edit:

Chain – http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=9911
    Cassette – http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=443

z1ppy

Rose bikes, last time I looked (remember the £5 P&P) for 9 speed deore/SLX stuff anyways.
    Again a file or hacksaw will deal with those pesky tabs

flange
    Free Member

Hora – dunno, I’ll have a look. What size ring (ahem) are you after? Got a 4 bolt pace 22t, or various others off Sh1tmano and Sram cranks

hora
    Free Member

Any, it reduces the cost and the embarrasement of spinning at the back of a ride because my drivetrain is just too worn to put any torque through it (slipping/cracking).

flange
    Free Member

Righty – should be home this weekend, can it wait until then?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve that £17 cassette as OEM from my pitch, it actualy weighs more than the sun!

bigyinn
    Free Member

rosebikes.co.uk worked out pretty cheap last time i replaced the middle ring (Deore steel), XT cassette and SRAM chain. Think it was £67 all in IIRC.

joeyj
    Free Member

Merlin have the Sram PG970 for about £20 and slx granny ring for £8 at the moment, ordered mine yesterday and they have arrived this morning 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Drivetrain refresh- cheapest bundle/etc places currently?’ is closed to new replies.