Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Driver filmed trying to push cyclist off bike
  • snaps
    Free Member
    cynic-al
    Free Member

What would happen if you grabbed his arm to slow you down?

xyeti
    Free Member

I’d like to think that he has already been arrested and thats why the Police are asking for witnesses?

Would be nice to see a few more arrests for this kind of behaviour.

JoeG
    Free Member

😯

He should lose his license or a long time! If there’s video and a plate #, it should be a slam dunk conviction.

If that happened to me, I’d try to legally make his life miserable. Wanted poster on a billboard near home and work. Pressure his employer; Twitter and FB can get results.

Find that he needs a license or certification for his occupation? Write to the whatever board. “One of your members tried to kill me. Here is the video. Why do you grant a licenses to someone that behaves like this?” Well, they won’t want him to reflect badly on the rest of the prefession, so they’ll revoke his credentials…

Cycling advocacy groups should make this a high profile case!

JoeG
    Free Member

Davesport

Can we keep a book on the likely outcome ? I’m putting my money on DWDCA…3 points and 60 quid fine.

DaveVanderspek
    Free Member

I’ll put my money on “case dropped due to insufficient evidence” as seems to be the norm.

MSP

My money is going on “it was the cycling warriors fault for provoking the poor victimised motorist with a vicious camera, these lycra louts don’t even pay road tax” at least in the court of public opinion.

martinhutch

Can we keep a book on the likely outcome ? I’m putting my money on DWDCA…3 points and 60 quid fine.

This. No part of the video shows him actually touching the cyclist, just a wobble after they pass. So I’m going with driving without due care…

Dibbs
    Free Member

I was reading about this on another site yesterday, allegedly it was an untaxed 64 plate BMW. The driver will probably get more hassle for that than putting a cyclist life at risk.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

BMW + chav driver, enough said 🙂

nickjb
    Free Member

If it was untaxed hopefully they’ll take the car away and crush it. That’ll at least hit the driver where it hurts.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

No part of the video shows him actually touching the cyclist, just a wobble after they pass. So I’m going with driving without due care…

its attempted assault, regardless that he didn’t actually made contact. He intended to cause injury

cookeaa

‘MX64 JMU’ visible and a clear head shot on video… I reckon he was just going for a ‘low five’… Defence sorted.

Mr Edmunds passed the driver’s registration number to police and uploaded the footage to YouTube prompting a number of comments.

I have to say I’m not sure these incidents should make the news, YouTube, even online click-bait pieces, until they’ve been through the legal process…
    Then you can write a nice single piece about police and CPS fluffing yet another case, or a scum bag being caught and dealt with… What does posting on YouTube really help?

dustytrails

BMW driver eh!
    So we had a spate of this in NW Leics in 2013 made local and national news

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-23241139

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Man-arrested-attacks-passing-cyclists/story-19637603-detail/story.html

Can’t find any report of any sentence being administered just released on bail!!

Total Idiot Scum!!

devash
    Free Member

BMW chav. Too many of them about nowadays now that the middle class business nobbers have all sold theirs to buy an Audi.

neilthewheel

I’ll go for defence lawyer claiming a fair hearing is impossible due to trial by internet. Case dismissed.

MoreCashThanDash

I have to say I’m not sure these incidents should make the news, YouTube, even online click-bait pieces, until they’ve been through the legal process…

I can see the point if it helps identification but

defence lawyer claiming a fair hearing is impossible due to trial by internet. Case dismissed.

I do think that trial by internet/media in this 24hr news culture is a very dangerous thing.

bails

its attempted assault,

Which isn’t a crime. But it’s actually assault by the CPS definition, if the cyclist thought he was about to suffer physical harm.

sturmeyarcher

It’s MX64JWU

http://www.ukvehicle.com/MX64JWU/

Previously M777PMD, what’s the betting that PMD is another clue super-sleuths?

duckman

What a knob. I also though that the sort of scum who does this would be well aware of the rise in camera use. That will not be the first time he has had a go at a cyclist.

PJM1974
    Free Member

There’s been rather a lot of this sort of thing happening lately and it’s really getting on my wick.

poah
    Free Member

maybe he just wanted to grab his ass?

wilko1999
    Free Member

“the middle class business nobbers have all sold theirs to buy an Audi”

Ain’t that the truth, although you could lose the ‘middle class’ bit too, and possibly ‘business’ at a push

Klunk
    Free Member

mean while in the 20p super soar away star

D0NK

slightly worrying that that’s my commute ^ on the cover of the star, was only wondering the other day howbad it would be to end up in the drink!

I’m putting my money on DWDCA

plenty of due care in his driving, it’s the attempted assault I’m concerned with. But yeah probably “get away” with the push, but get dragged over the coals for no tax.

handyandy
    Free Member
    burchill
    Free Member

German saloon, white, diesel, base-spec engine with optional M/S-line/AMG kit, untaxed..

aracer
    Free Member

According to https://www.vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/Default.aspx it is indeed untaxed – ran out on 1st March. The sort of thing you might normally get away with, but I suspect that as opined above he’ll now be getting hit harder for that one. It is at least easy to prove that, so if that’s all he does get done for then it could be worse.

slimjim78
    Free Member

when was footage taken? was probably taxed at the time. May have expired since driver laid low follwing charges?

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Driver filmed trying to push cyclist off bike’ is closed to new replies.