• This topic has 16 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by rs.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • drift!
  • Pook

Did my first ever controlled sideways drift last night on a nice gravelly corner. Went in a bit fast and leant in, started sliding and managed to hold it! Cue the biggest rush I think I’ve felt on a bike this year. Great stuff. Don’t think I’ll ever manage it again mind, but the memory will live on! Try it, it feels ace!

GW
    Free Member

practice on a wet grassy slope 😉

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

i could never get it to work on grass………..

borrowed a giant anthem at the cannock demo day, semi slick XC tires + mud’n’gravel = sideways nirvana, appologies to the riders who probably got caught in the roost turning right up the hill to section 14. who says you cant ride an XC bike fast on flats 😛

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

skidz r 4 kidz

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

skidz r 4 kidz

It’s not a skid. It’s a drift. Done properly no brakes are unvolved, just speed and plenty of it!

🙂

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Getting drifty is pretty nifty

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Indeed it is. I can only do it by accident, but when it happens it’s lush!
    😀

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Top of Porter Clough?

Pook

top of porter clough.

ourkidsam
    Free Member

It nearly happened to me once – in fact you captured it on the cut gate vid. If you look close enough you’ll see a little twitch as I round the second corner!

Pook

yeah i remember that. This was full on drift action though. Rad dude. Almost to the power of sick

Reluctant
    Free Member

Going sideways is what it’s all about! 8)

Tracker1972
    Free Member

If your wheels are pointing in a different direction to your direction of travel is that drifting?
    If so I was drifting in two different directions most of the way down the Somme muddy descent at the Dyfi quite convincingly.
    Never ceases to amaze me how much you can (usually) get away with.
    EDIT- just noticed the word “controlled” in the OP, that will be the catch then.

WTF
    Free Member

Drifting on a bike FFS 🙄

abductee
    Free Member
    thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member
    rs
    Free Member

just stick on some continental tyres, drifts ahoy!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘drift!’ is closed to new replies.