Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • DPD – whats the worst that could happen?
  • iamsporticus
    Free Member

Ive avoided these guys for several years now because their depot is a 30 mile round trip and past experiences usually involved waiting in all day to find a “sorry you were out” card in my letterbox

The SAS couldnt get to my front door without the dog kicking off but these guys had an uncanny habit

Anyway, the mobile phone deal of the century is currently with an outfit who use DPD

The phone website says I can have a free 1h delivery slot so Im still vaguely interested but keen to hear of any recent experiences of whether theyve improved or not as well as how much choice I get the day before of which hour slot Im getting

Cheers

Northwind

Best courier I’ve dealt with tbh- really detailed track and trace and they do come when they say. (you can track the van on the internet, which I’m sure would be very handy if you fancy embarking on a life of crime)

Jamie
    Free Member

Ive avoided these guys for several years now

I can’t help but think you have got DPD mixed up with someone else. They are the gold standard of couriers.

Detailed tracking, 1 hour timeslots, options to alter delivery via text/online etc etc.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Agree with NW and Jamie. Fantastically well organised.

wallop

DPD are brilliant! They’ll keep you well up to date and just before your delivery you’ll get a text letting you know the timeslot and the name of your delivery driver.

iamsporticus
    Free Member

Oh OK, seems like theyve turned it around

Its 6 years at least since I used them

Thanks all

simmy
    Free Member

Like has been said, they are spot on.

They do get there bang on time. I had a delivery due and, typically, it was due to arrive on the 1 hour slot that I was at work that Day ( work was quiet at the time ) and it was easy to rearrange online.

kcal

DPD hand off to outlying couriers in outer reaches so I’ve had slightly mixed experiences – when their interface doesn’t mesh well with the final mile couriers it can all go a bit wrong.

However whether sending or receiving stuff, if it really is DPD (i’ve needed them to collect stuff at remote locations) they’ve been good.

ross980
    Free Member

As above. Never had any issues with them having had several phones delivered.

Simwit

I would normally agree with all of the above however they blotted their copybook this weekend. They tried to deliver a parcel that had been paid for for a Saturday delivery on Friday, left a card when no-one was in then failed to try again on Saturday. Unsurprisingly when chased they claimed they had a system failure & couldn’t tell us where the parcel was. When it came today the driver told my missus that he had personally placed it in the pile for Saturday delivery & was surprised to see it again this morning. So they’re down to a 4 out of 5 for me now.

Drac

Never had any issues with them they give you a rough time they’ll deliver and their normally on the ball with that time, that said not had any issues with any other either

neilwheel
    Free Member

Always good service for me too.

you can track the van on the internet, which I’m sure would be very handy if you fancy embarking on a life of crime

I thought about this too, on the third attempt it will lock you out for a while.

doncorleoni
    Free Member

I always do a virtual high five when I find out dpd are delivering stuff. All good for me so far. World apart from the shower of :£+# @+&* ‘£+#&**#d mother #&+@*#vdvs +&&’ £@ddd*k*#:;g that are yodel, parcel farce and poo link (city).

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Anyone else disappointed that this isn’t about a restoration of an early Pace DH bike?

MrsToast
    Free Member

We’ve found DPD to be pretty good, with the exception of last December when they just left a parcel (containing a Wii U) outside the back door in the rain. Apparently they get more temp drivers over Christmas, some of which turn out to be a bit useless.

Jamie
    Free Member

Anyone else disappointed that this isn’t about a restoration of an early Pace DH bike?

Nope. Just you granddad 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Grrrr! Why I ought a……

Jamie
    Free Member

…and before you ask, I’m not even on your lawn.

bruneep

This ^^

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😀

And for anyone who might be interested in what I’m waffling about, here it is;

somouk
    Free Member

DPD are excellent with their high end tracking system, they can’t get away with pretending they attempted a delivery. Most of their contract drivers are paid on successful delivery too not just a card drop.

I have a friend who works for them in the HQ and they are investing heavily to make the company more streamlined and capable of dealing with more and more parcels.

luke
    Free Member

Never had an issue with them, well I have a little issue I tend to stalk the driver on his rounds, they don’t always go in a logical route however so be warned if your drop 38 and your mate down the roads 36, I was upset to find drop 37 was in the next village, but always within the time slot, and the ability to alter it easily if it doesn’t suit.

piemonster

Definitely one of the better companies for my experience. Would recommend.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘DPD – whats the worst that could happen?’ is closed to new replies.