Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Downhill undercrackers
  • Marin
    Free Member

Any good recommendations to save my bony hips. Not light padded cx type ones more downhill uplift gnar. Current pair are more gaffa tape than padding now.

grahamt1980

Really not cheap but the forcefield ones are great

Northwind

661 Bombers always seemed good to me. I have 2 sets, teh Evos- which are great to pedal in etc, very unintrusive, but don’t have very good hip cover (my hip is held together with bolts so that’s where I wanted the coverage, shame). And the standard ones which are pretty bulky, you know you’re wearing them, but they cover better.

Others are available, POC looked good but had an annoying sown in chamois

eulach

Troy lee 7605. The chamois is shit but for DH it’s not a problem. You might need to size up (or maybe I’m un-realistic optimistic in denial about my body size and shape)

Marin
    Free Member

Thanks. Forcefield ones look good. Not cheap but better than weeks laid up if I end up in a heap.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

forcefield armour in general

jamesmio
    Free Member

I run a pair of these underneath my TLD Moto shorts for downhill (*mincing, in my case).

http://www.getgeared.co.uk/knox-trooper-shorts-black?gclid=Cj0KEQiAwrbEBRDqxqzMsrTGmogBEiQAeSE6ZZ9uiwEg9ufudX0F8dljC2G_nBu5tyOIKKXnnZO6lecaApom8P8HAQ&utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping_feed_gg17

Comfy as – also get used for snowboarding duties.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Downhill undercrackers’ is closed to new replies.