Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Downhill: The Quarry Froyle? Opinions? Anyone ridden there?
  • flowerman
    Free Member

Hi

I was wondering if anyone here has ridden or has heard about the downhill track over at Froyle based in a disused quarry, as I was thinking about heading over and giving the main line a run. I have seen many races take place there on youtube as part of the gravity project, but have heard something about not being able to ride there unless its a calender race? Is this true? It looks pretty sick and really want to go over and ride it, but as their are no more races there this year I was hoping I could just go and give it a go. I live in Farnham and have been riding downhill for about a year. I usually ride at Hindhead, Swinley forest, Caesars camp. Thanks for reading.

Any opinions appreciated

Thanks

Henry

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

If you ride DH at Hindhead, then be prepared to be a little dissapointed.

I’m not sure on the deal with riding there when the races arn’t on, as i’ve only been there for racing, which for a little local grass roots arrangement is good 🙂

It’s flat along the top, then a reasonable gradient, then flat again, but it’s short enough to knock out lots runs.

flowerman
    Free Member

Great thanks for the fast reply. I was interested because I wanted to compete in my first race, but wanted a little practice at the course before competing. What are the gravity project races like? Would it be a good choice for a first race?

Thanks

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Yep, something like that would be spot on for your first race.

It’s proper grass roots – so it’s nice and relaxed. You still get a few quick guys there, but it’s not full of prima donna’s.

£02, turn up on the day, job done. To be fair, it’s short enough & easy enough to push up (hell you can ride most of the route up) you will get plenty enough runs in before the racing starts.

lister11
    Free Member

This Saturday……five quid all day.

This Sunday ……..20 quid race. Last in the series.

Get in it!

olii
    Free Member

Anymore information on this? Times, location? Again, I’ve never raced before, but would be pretty keen to have a go in a fun environment.

lister11
    Free Member

Southern downhill have a gravity project race section.

They also have a facebook group with info on.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Downhill: The Quarry Froyle? Opinions? Anyone ridden there?’ is closed to new replies.