Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Double glazing leaking – help!
  • hitman
    Free Member

Fitted about 5 years ago by ” friend” but now leaking. Think it’s only a question of adjustment but which is the best company to approach?Getting my mate back is not an option – promises have been made, but I’ve run out of patience

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

What is leaking? Frame, fittings, glazing unit?

There really isn’t that much to them.

midlifecrashes

More info needed. Leaking what from where?

coffeeking
    Free Member

As above, they’re pretty simple to put together – where’s the leak?

hitman
    Free Member

Windows are top and turn. Leak is on the non opening side primarily. Window doesn’t sit flush with fram and water is blowing in through the gap….

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

uh-huh. Is the seal around the outside of the light intact? If not get more from here:
    http://www.ifpsl.com/aquamac.htm

Are fittings installed correctly, running right? If they are misaligned you can re adjust them.

Is the frame bowed? Put a straight edge against it.

Is the seal around the frame to the wall intact and OK?

Most likely issue if all of this is OK, is the glazing unit in the light has shifted. Pop the beads out with a pallet knife, inside the glazing unit will be supported by some plastic packers (hopefully), add more/shift them about until it is sitting straight again.

hitman
    Free Member

Cheers, it’s as if the frame is bowing outwards, so if I place my hand on the frame and lean against it the gap closes….. There is also a slight gap on the handle side

hitman
    Free Member

Anotherdeadhero
    any online guides for fixing this sort of problem?

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Ah OK. Thats more of a problem. I’d suggest you get a local window firm in if you ‘mate’ won’t come back to sort it. Most national firms are only interested in installs.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Double glazing leaking – help!’ is closed to new replies.