Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Dorset – Horton – Where to ride?
  • gp
    Free Member

Hi Dorset people, I’m off camping near Horton this weekend – where is good to ride nearby? I think UK bike park is closed, but is that area good for a couple of hours exploring otherwise?

Thanks…

Freester

Purbeck isn’t that far. Driveable for sure.

Loads of Bridleways out Horton way. Some good some bad.

Also lots of bridleways up by the Bike Park (yes it is closed).

Purbeck is probably the best loop. Get to Sandbanks early. Leave your car on one of the side roads (free). Get on the chain ferry over to Purbeck.

tasteslikeburning
    Free Member

Depends what you want. The Purbecks are non technical with lots of climbing. If you want some fun riding in the woods, I’d head for Blandford forest. Either ride up to the forest from Blandford through Bryanston woods or park at the top of Okeford hill near the Bike Park. Lots of good technical tracks used in the Enduro series if you check Strava.

gp
    Free Member

Brilliant thanks you two. Prefer a bit of technical stuff but will check it all out as time will be short..

robbonzo
    Free Member

Puddletown forest is another option, great riding there.

gp
    Free Member

Thanks Robbonzo, will check it out..

robbonzo
    Free Member

Puddletown is abit of a maze but find someone riding, there’s always a few about and ask them where the good stuff is. If you head for the highest point in the middle of the forest theres some fairly obvious trails starting from there. Lots of good technical but fairly short runs. Have fun!

chiefgrooveguru

Looking forward to riding back at Puddletown – tried to join the facebook group but got rejected, guess it’s known locals only!

robbonzo
    Free Member

Yeah they got abit funny about adding more people as they started getting randoms just trying to sell stuff all the time.

Anyways heres a map of the trails, hope it helps.

[/url]Puddletown map by 55b7bb821ed24e40ecaad9db375d2e57, on Flickr[/img]

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Dorset – Horton – Where to ride?’ is closed to new replies.