Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Done to death, probably, but: PS3 OR XBOX360, and in one sentence, why?
  • MikeT-23
    Free Member

Possible entry into the market, and the wee one has a Wii to use at her mum's, so what's a dad to get as 'the other console'?

As said above, a topic probably debated endlessly on here, but if justifications could be delivered in one sentence that may encourage you to offer your opinions.

sc-xc

Usually summed up by saying…get what your/her mates have so they can play online.

I am playing Uncharted 2 on the PS3 at the moment, it's ace.

benji_allen
    Free Member

I don't own either, but I reckon Uncharted 2 could swing me to a PS3 I reckon.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Bluray = PS3. Games console only = XBox

sofatester
    Free Member

PS3 Slimline, 10Mg internet connection and MW2. Done.

simon_g

PS3 for blu-ray & iplayer along with the games – unless all your mates have 360s and you want to play with them.

BigEaredBiker
    Free Member

Which ever you can get a better deal on ie free games you want/will play.

MikeT-23
    Free Member

This'll take some serious thought, I reckon.
    Although, the general concensus from here and another avenue of enquiry is very much in favour of PS3.

Now to go to the shops and try them out.

Haze

PS3 if I was going to buy again, 360's good but 3rrod

bruneep

PS3 free online play, PS3 is quieter and watch iplayer on it.

Eccles
    Free Member

PS3 = Bluray media centre. X Box = Microsoft tat. Wii = Ant & Dec.

That was my logic when shopping yesterday, anyway

grievoustim
    Free Member

is the ps3 a "good" blu ray player? Or do you get better performance from a stand alone machine? Does it do a good job of upscaling regular DVDs on a HDTV?

I'm going to need a new TV/ DVD set-up next year and I am thinking about a PS3 (so I can play some games with the kids – and they also have a Wii at their mums).

But – I watch more movies then I play games so the performance of the Blu Ray is critical for me

Tim

nosherduke996
    Free Member

Xbox warrenty is free of charge and good.
    Ps3 warrenty is useless.

vrapan
    Free Member

PS3 for me, starts getting decent games -Uncharted 2 one of them – and has Blu-ray. I don't have that many friends that play online though so that does not make much of a difference for me but if you do then it should make a big difference for you.

AdamW
    Free Member

I got a PS3 and recently bought PlayTV and it is the dogs danglies. It records Freeview and upscales and you can copy it to external media to stick on your PC and the like. I also use the PS3 as a media server with all my DVDs ripped to my mac and sent over ethernet.

I'm not into multiplayer stuff so that doesn't count for me (initially Xbox was much better but now with the likes of cross-platform stuff like CoD it doesn't matter much now).

Uncharted 2 rocks big-time. So does inFamous. I wouldn't mind playing Halo but I can live with that.

WackoAK
    Free Member

Whatever your mates have or xboxlive is a better (not free) service than the PS3 network.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Ps3 is a decent bluray player – it won best <£400 bluray player in what hifi last year against dedicated machines. But get the dedicated remote if using it for movies – it's a pain using the gamepad to control it.

samuri
    Free Member

lots more cheap games for the xbox

bruneep

Ps3 warrenty is useless.

Nope Sony fixed my son's PS3 FOC even when it was bought s/h and had no warrenty on it, they picked it up repaired it and returned it in under 7 days. If that is useless so be it. 🙄

GTDave
    Free Member

PS3 is a good BluRay player, but is now eclipsed by the current entry level stand-alone's. A Sony BDP-S360 player (£79) will wee in it's shoes as far as BluRay / DVD playback is concerned.

nickname
    Free Member

XBOX. It's 10000000000000000000000000 times better 🙂

Daffy

Use the search you lazy git!

redthunder
    Free Member

DS

Dancake
    Free Member

PC? 🙂

jim29
    Free Member

Xbox 360 = Best games selection

On paper PS3 should be the one to buy, but 360 seems to just be a better games console…imo

Drac

PS3 gets MAG end of next month and will anal rape the 360.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Mag????

GeForceJunky

Xbox 360 – Better online community

MikeT-23
    Free Member

Yeah! What is the 'MAG' of which you speak?

And 'anal rape'? What is this also?

Okay – just googled it. Apparently it means forcing an object – usually an erect ……

Oh, MAG? Well, that stands for 'Massive Action Game', and should, when fully released as it is in Beta stage right now, allow for up to 256 online players to participate in a simulated warzone, with the best opportunity for success lying with players who operate as a team of eight.

So, there you go.

simon_g

lots more cheap games for the xbox

If you're coming fresh to either platform there are dozens, even hundreds, of great games to choose from that you can pick up for under £20 each and probably less than a tenner secondhand. I got a PS3 in Nov and, other than Uncharted 2 which came with it, haven't bothered picking up any new releases for it – the Platinum range has loads to play through first. Once I'm done with the ones that appeal from there, the stuff that's new now will be in the bargain bin.

Staying a bit behind the curve saves loads – although it obviously only works if you're not fussed about playing the latest thing online with other people.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Done to death, probably, but: PS3 OR XBOX360, and in one sentence, why?’ is closed to new replies.