Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Domain name help
  • flip
    Free Member

I’m trying to think of a domain name for a new branch of my business, i’m starting to advetise as a tiler, you know bathrooms, kitchens.

Most of the ones i can think of have gone. Something mildy amusing would be good..

Help 😐

simonralli2
    Free Member

Bonnie Tiler if you are Scottish?

damo2576
    Free Member

tinkertilersoldierspy.com

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m not sure “mildly amusing” will work for people looking for a tiler. I’m sure you’re perfectly good at what you do, but I’d want someone who’s serious about the job for which I’m going to pay. Just a suggestion. Not meaning to be mean or anything.

damo2576
    Free Member

ok
    serioustiler.com

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Lol @ Damo

I like that. 🙂

clubber
    Free Member

outonthetiler.com

Cougar

theroofisonfire.com

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Tilewithstyle
    Tilesnpiles

flip
    Free Member

Well yes i am serious and all the names i’ve thought of are, but i thought the combined skill and wit of the STW elite could find an amusing but serious one 😉

For instance Brush strokes for a painter..

woody2000

itile.com

Surf the “i” wave

flip
    Free Member

http://www.serioustiler.co.uk is strangely available..

McHamish
    Free Member

You could try your location and tiling, like londonbathroomtiling.com – that helps a little bit with search engine ranking. Especially when offering a service like tiling – it’s always going to be local, and most people will search for ‘london bathroom tiler’ when looking for one.

I find brainstorming the only way to find a decent domain name…just sit down and write down everything that pops into your head, try different combinations of the same domain. Don’t reject anything until you’ve dumped everything down, not matter how stupid. Then wait a couple of days just in case sudden inspiration pops into your head and you think of a good name. After the wait, go through the list and eliminate the ones you aren’t interested in. Once you have a short list, type them into the browser to check they aren’t already taken.

Don’t go to a domain registrar and type them in there, wait till you’re ready to buy it. I don’t trust them not to register it before you buy it and try to make you pay extra or it – probably won’t happen but you never know.

Here’s some stupid ones to start with to get the creative juices flowing…

megoodtitler.com
    youpay-metile.com
    youcanttileforsh!t-ican.com
    knightonthetiles.com
    itile.com

alfabus
    Free Member

where are you based?

how about: <yourlocation>tiler.co.uk

edit: Damn, beaten to it. It’s a good idea though, and incidentally was how I found a carpet fitter the other day.

flip
    Free Member

Yes my location is available, but a bit dull?

McHamish
    Free Member

Yeah it’s a bit dull….but tiling isn’t showbusiness.

As I said, it helps with search engine ranking.

Search for Surrey Tiler and the No. 1 result is http://www.surreytilers.co.uk

I’ve taken a look at the website and the source code…they haven’t paid a SEO guy to get to the top of the list, it’s just the domain.

wwaswas

I’m with McHamish – if your domain is specific to what you do you’ll get loads of hits without trying.

alfabus
    Free Member

dull + lots of hits/work

vs.

funny (for 5 seconds) + never found by anyone or dismissed because it’s a bad joke

On a personal note, I think I would actually be put off by a jokey/pun domain name. Obviously, I can’t speak for all of your potential customers, only myself. There must be more like me out there though; Do you really want to lose our business?

Dave

phil.w
    Free Member

For instance Brush strokes for a painter

which really isn’t such a good name.

Is this just a domain name or will it be the trading name of the tiling business?
    What are other local tiling businesses called? – you don’t want to be too similar to these.
    You may not want to advertise as <yourlocation>tiler.co.uk but you should register it as well, for the reasons mentioned above. (and other similar domains)

McHamish
    Free Member

A good point by Phil.w

You can register multiple domains and redirect traffic to your catchy domain name if you want.

Try searching for ‘seo and domain names’ or something, that’ll give you an idea of what might make a good domain name if you want to maximise your hits.

flip
    Free Member

Cheers for the help, i’ll be going for location i think, it won’t be the company name i already have that, just a name to advertise the new branch as it were.

MrNutt
    Free Member

eatmytile.com

againstthewall.com

upagainstit.com

screedifyouwannagofaster.com

famousgrout.com

etc

organic355
    Free Member

twist and grout
    dial a tile
    style tiles
    tile with style
    Smiley tiley

Cougar

famousgrout.com

Close the thread, we have a winner.

woody2000

Ooh, multiple branches you say?

atileroftwocities.com

No need to thank me 😀

uplink
    Free Member

onestoptiles.co.uk
    onestoptiles.com

onestoptiling.co.uk
    onestoptiling.com

sc-xc

slabmybitchup.com

damo2576
    Free Member

youllbestylinwithmytiling.com

damo2576
    Free Member

tileswithsmiles.com

damo2576
    Free Member

groutwithapout.com

damo2576
    Free Member

dynamicceramic.com

damo2576
    Free Member

i’m on a roll

wwaswas

i’m on a roll

not sure of the tiling connection on that one?

molgrips
    Free Member

Excellent 🙂

but tiling isn’t showbusiness.

Shame. I’d definitely go with a tiler that put on a show at the same time. Bit of razmatazz would go down a storm I reckon.

molgrips
    Free Member

groutexpectations.com

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

I’d think about mixing it up. Cool name for the business, boring name for the website – that should get you the best of both worlds-

– if people search for “bristol tiler” then bristoltilers.co.uk will score more google juice and appear in search results sooner
    – if they search for “famous grout” (from the side of your van or your advertising) you’ll be the first result and you can get your webpage title to be your business name (so the two match when seen on screen). Buy famousgrout.co.uk as well and have it redirect.

Get some free google adwords (theres always offers about) to get yourself appearing in searches quickly until your site starts indexing better. Narrow the coverage area in Adwords very tightly to the area you want to travel to (you can draw a line around your working area) so you don’t pay for clicks outside your area.

By the way, I think Famous Grout wins it…

headfirst
    Free Member

marytilermore.com

McHamish
    Free Member

molgrips – Member

Excellent

but tiling isn’t showbusiness.

Shame. I’d definitely go with a tiler that put on a show at the same time. Bit of razmatazz would go down a storm I reckon.

Maybe you’ve got a point…start a tiling business with a difference.

thenakedtiler.com

Although not many men will employ you, and you probably wouldn’t want to be home alone with the ones who do.

MrNutt
    Free Member

seems like I win again! 😀 that’ll be £250.00 please 😀

McHamish
    Free Member

MrNutt…go out and buy a canvas and some paints, you seem to be on a creative roll.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Domain name help’ is closed to new replies.