Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • dog-friendly fox deterrents
  • headfirst
    Free Member

My family is becoming seriously sleep-deprived as a result of foxes coming into our garden at night and our two dogs then barking their heads off at them from inside the house. If we’re lucky this happens only once a night, on a bad night it can be three times.

Anybody successfully dealt with a similar situation? Getting the local farmer with his shotgun on the case is not an option when you live in the suburbs!

Torminalis
    Free Member

Wee in the garden. Lots.

wwaswas

train the dogs not to bark?

philconsequence
    Free Member

+1 on torms comment.

man’s urine though, dont encourage the wife to squat over the flower beds. when we had a fox problem i focussed my outside urination efforts at what i deemed to be the key access points into the garden (back gate) and had a general helicopter style splash around on the way back 🙂

no foxes since.

Torminalis
    Free Member

no foxes since.

Huzzah!

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

Hunting. The dogs love it, you get to dress up, TJ will be outraged…what’s not to like?

philconsequence
    Free Member

its also a great excuse to go and piss around the garden, waving it about and spinning in circles. best done at night if your neighbours have kids 😯

headfirst
    Free Member

you get to dress up

what makes you think I don’t already?? 😉

train the dogs not to bark?

This is about the only thing that they actually do bark at!!!

So it seems I need to drink copious amounts of beer of an evening and use the garden as a toilet – not a bad plan!

maccruiskeen

Drink the beer at night – wee in the morning for maximum potency. Look at the wee not only as a deterrent but also as revenge! I hired a huge hanger to build a film set a few years ago. Foxes were able to get in at night and in the morning the game was find the turd. With an area the size of a football pitch they could always find the one thing you really didn’t want a turd on, like carefully balanced on the handle of your hammer.

So every time they step in a puddle of your frothy orange morning pish I want a picture.

wwaswas

wee in the morning for maximum potency

Pick your moment and you’ll be able to give the neighbours a cheery wave at the same time 🙂

richc
    Free Member

Ought to do it.

otherwise, I should imagine letting the dogs out into the garden when the fox is out there should do it. Mine virtually rams his head through the door when he senses a fox/cat in our garden that they now know to keep away

speaker2animals

Get rid of the dogs? Sorry but it is the obvious solution.

THIS IS AN ATTEMPT AT HUMOUR, please feel free to get really serious and threaten my life (aimed at the massive not aprticularly the OP).

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Pick your moment and you’ll be able to give the neighbours a cheery wave at the same time

Just don’t spray on the azaleas, there’s a good chap.

philconsequence
    Free Member

its difficult to wave whilst performing the helichopper and sprinkler at the same time

anagallis_arvensis

My dog is a dog friendly fox deterrant. I can loan her out with her kennel for the right price. Foxes will soon make other arrangements if they survive.

headfirst
    Free Member

Hmmm, sounds like my dogs need to DTFU…we do let them out and the fox scarpers, but its obviously not scared as its repeat visits show.

anagallis_arvensis

whats your dog a Yorkie?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘dog-friendly fox deterrents’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM