Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Does Hope still make a good rear QR or should i get some thing else?
  • Warrenpfo
    Free Member

Just got my Pro2's with Flow rims and need to get a QR. I am going to get a hope one unless there is better out there??

tron
    Free Member

Hope hubs don't come with a Hope QR?

Lakes_Puma

When I asked the same question about my Pro II with Flow rims 😆 the general consensus was Shimano skewers, so I got a pair of XT's

Onzadog
    Free Member

whenever the skewer question comes up it's shimano or salsa as a close second. I love my salsa skewers. Four sets for over ten years and still like new (with the odd graze).

Barelyincontrol
    Free Member

I've got old and new Hopes and both are great – newer ones are a bit easier on the hands though.

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

Shimano QRs seem to be the best…get the XTR ones if you're feeling blingy 😛

ivantate
    Free Member

I got a Hope one to go with my my Hoops. There is no other choice. (and it works fine)

Warrenpfo
    Free Member

There is no other choice???

What do you mean no choice?

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

Why choose anything other than Shimano XT skewers?

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Shimano QR skewers are probably the best available in terms of functionality. An excellent cam hidden away under a little hood keeps operation light. Apart from prettiness/colours, I can't see what more anyone could possible require from a QR skewer.

MisterT

yes boring old Shimano are v-good. but they do seem to corrode with winter use.

personally I'm very impressed with the Hope stainless skewers. much better than the previous set I bought from them about 6 yrs ago (improved the lever shape and smoothness of the cam)

just put a set on my King hubs.

Mike
    Free Member

Hope have never made a good wheel QR in my opinion! Echo the above, Shimano are ace and bettered only by Mavic 😉

Ambrose

Never had any prblems with any of my many Hope skeweres. Ever.

Bikepimp
    Free Member

Save your money and buy some Shimano deore skewers as hope ones are s***e as got a very poor camlock system and known to come loose 🙁

Ringo
    Free Member

my salsa skewers are excellent

plecostomus
    Free Member

The hope ones are poor the cams always wear and the new ones are just as bad as the old style , shimano all the way and as far as corroding in winter, a drop of lube and a greased axel solves that issue!

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Got Hopes too which work fine.

As do my Hope Pro2 hubs, my Hope seat QR and my Hope headset. Oh and my Hope light as well…

brakes
    Free Member

Hope QRs work fine and look nice, which is the most important thing
    how can they wear? how often do you take your wheels off?

plecostomus
    Free Member

I take my wheels off minimum of twice a week bicycles are kept in my living room and when you see a set on a daily basis on a bicycle at work you soon see worn ones and personally I'm a fan of function over fashion , don't get me wrong I like hope stuff it's well made I have sets of their hubs, a pair of xcs that have been spinning for years , headsets and lights but for me the qrs aren't up to it! Each to their own and all that!

brakes
    Free Member

I've had a Hope QR for over 5 years and it's fine
    saying that, it's probably been opened 50 times tops

davidmoyesismydad
    Free Member

xtr are that good they got recalled a few years back for snapping 😀

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Does Hope still make a good rear QR or should i get some thing else?’ is closed to new replies.