Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Does anyone else think that Orange have pulled a blinder PR wise?
  • showerman
    Free Member

no one happy to paste up pics of their 5 then to show us what its all about

hora
    Free Member

Err not this early. I've just eaten breakfast. ta.

clareymorris

Me and my 2009 5 on High Street….suits me!

[img]http://lh4.ggpht.com/_RxVHPJ-XCvE/SWC55AHrXjI/AAAAAAAACIo/zMh5mHa3YdA/s640/IMG_0821.JPG[/img]

Tomahawk
    Free Member

I love how sensitive some people are about their bikes (or potential future bikes!).

For the benefit of 'Son of Moyes', i ride a Cruz heckler. I rode both bikes and genuinely got on better with the geo on the Cruz for my riding style and bias to wards a burlier build. Single pivot also, which i love the simplicity of. It was actually a thread on STW that put me on to the Cruz, when i had issues with paying top whack for a Five that was going to be updated in a few months time. I have not been disapointed, and yes it is very asethetically pleasing (for me) with each ano'd weld purfect but i respect that it is not exactly a 'purists' choice. The key word here is choice, it is what makes us all individuals (and these threads so interesting). 😉

elaineanne
    Free Member

well why i chose my orange 5 pro was the size for me (as you know im only just 5ft small…. so i got the 'short' frame…as you can order it in 'long' too… i looked at alot of bikes(majority too big), FS.. but hadnt done any research on 'Giant' bikes at the time i was looking …. but didnt really know much about those….
    anyway opted for 'orange' as they are truely a stong well built bike and made to last… cant say any better that that..thanx orange. 😉

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

ps : funny how it gets nominated 10/10 for "Trail Bike Of The Year" for the last 4/5 years !!!!!!!

Yeah i've always thought it was funny that the companies that hand free bikes to magazine staff and put up loads of advertising revenue get 10/10 awards and "awards"

😆

I may be a good bike, but there is no way you could say its good value for money.

failedengineer

Don't know about needing a platform shock to cure 'bob'. I've got a 5 and never have used the platform on the RP23 shock. My riding buddies' Ibis Mojo and Turner 5 Spot 'bob' far more, IME. Another has a '06 5 with the Manitou shock and that doesn't bob much either – and he's a big lad.

GaryLake
    Free Member

I love the Five but unless you're getting the most out of it, IE going big, the ST4 is actually a better ride…

rootes1

have to wonder why they started selling the ST4..

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Does anyone else think that Orange have pulled a blinder PR wise?’ is closed to new replies.