Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Does advertising work?
  • v8ninety

Of course it does. No matter how clever you think you are, you’re an amateur advertising dodger. For the advertising people it’s a very lucrative full time job, with lots of evidence based methodology behind it.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Yes. Overall it does. How the hell do you think Google exists?

Also, viz, Viz: Terry Meatus, lol. Now I want a piercing.

Is that how it’s supposed to work?

MrSmith
    Free Member

No matter how clever you think you are, you’re an amateur advertising dodger

except Tragic-Jeremy, he’s so much cleverer than that.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Advertising clearly works, why spend £££££ otherwise,whether it works specifically on the person who sees it I dont know.
    Im sure that it works on me, I’d be a fool to try and suggest that I havent bought things on the basis of seeing an advert for, say, a chocolate bar and thinking “I’d like that”.
    There was at least one individual on here (TJ!) who swore blind that every product he bought was purchased solely on his terms and that advertising played absolutely no part in his decision process.
    I didnt believe it then and I dont believe it now.
    Advertising isnt just about creating a need and a desire for a product, its about making us aware of it.
    It also depends how you define advertising. I could be someone riding a nice looking bike, it could be a review in a magazine, it could be anything.

DezB
    Free Member

Also, viz, Viz: Terry Meatus, lol. Now I want a piercing.
    Also, viz, Viz: (I lol’ed)

brooess
    Free Member

It certainly pays… Facebook and Google revenues dominated by advertising…

https://investor.google.com/financial/tables.html

2014 Google Revenues $66bn, of which advertising $59.6

DezB’s post much funnier than mine, however…

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

I’ve started a petition for it to be government policy that all squirells should have their own jetpacks

I can’t really see the point in that unless we can breed jet-pack ready squirrels and strap them on to us (say one per wrist and ankle) and let them fly us to work while we just relax and read the paper or catch up on STW posts. Also,as the squirrels would be doing the piloting, i assume that we’d be able to go to the pub, get hammered and be flown home by our squirrelly pilot-chauffers.
    And all for the price of a bag of nuts.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Does advertising work?’ is closed to new replies.