Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Do you think the buyer will notice?
  • Wally

Sarah99
    Free Member

Brilliant

On christmas morning I image 100,s of those riding up and down the country

scaredypants

it's the new Hincapie modification – going to be big in 2010

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I've seen quite a few bikes built like that rolling round the local parks. 😯

real_ben10
    Free Member

What's wrong with it?

Oh, it's not a pace fork is it!!

higthepig
    Free Member

After a few right-hand turns, probably….

z1ppy

Did you mention it to the customer service desk, so that it could be altered before other not as well informed customers could be saved from copying their ,'mechanic's' mistake?

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Doesn't actually look like it will make a lot of difference to that bike!

andrewh
    Free Member

You lot are all jumping to conclusions. I can't even see the min insertion mark on the stem with that level of detail. We need a close up.

😉

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Great choice calling it a 'Vertigo', the marketing guys must have named that one on a Friday afternoon

zaskar
    Free Member

Tesco Fail (and I bet some stw'ers are scratching their heads wondering eh? and therefore Fail too. 😡

Wally

Caveat emptor

walla24
    Free Member

wish i lived near a tesco to go have a laugh…halfords is open 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Box contains a bike called a 20" Anaconda, FFS….! I'm sure that appears in another catalogue somewhere….

Speaking of which, much hilarity back in the day when Saracen brought out a range of kids bikes and one was on the stock list as "Girls 15 inch pink Vibe"

walla24
    Free Member

LOL! well spotted cfh

Fat-Lad
    Free Member

When I recently did my cytec lvl 2 there were 9 tesco employees doing lvl 1. It was a farce, some of them didn't even get to touch a bike let alone swing a spanner. Honestly it was terrifying how little knowledge they went away with.

Wally

I have riden with a young athletic couple with new bikes . One manitou forked the other rockshox, you can guess the rest . The rockshox owner I met a few weeks later and because he had ridden so long set up like the mrs, he did not like the handling now.

Reluctant
    Free Member

Wally – good find, that's a great piccy! I often get bikes brought in for repairs assembled this way and the owners have no idea there's something wrong.
    FatLad; what does Cytech teach these days? I've employed guys with certificates and been absolutley staggered by how little they know.

DrRSwank
    Free Member

What's wrong with it?

Oh, yeah, no front reflector……

showerman
    Free Member

that is the new pace fork with the rear v brake hanger is it not 😯

gee
    Free Member

Plastic cover on rear wheel nut that the idiot thought was a gear protector = nobody's checked the wheel nuts are tight.

GB

Oggles
    Free Member

Great choice calling it a 'Vertigo', the marketing guys must have named that one on a Friday afternoon.

Better than the £99 99lb full suspension Argos special "Ascent"

sangobegger
    Free Member

I work for Tesco and I think it's a lovely colour! – ummm,ehhh,anything else?

coffeeking
    Free Member

I've seen two bikes built like this locked up outside our Mech Eng department 😯 . Please God no, not going into industry thinking that's OK.

sangobegger
    Free Member

Sirneildementure
    Free Member

Didn't Tesco do something similar last year? Seems to ring a bell.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Do you think the buyer will notice?’ is closed to new replies.